seventeen

jack's pov

"go and fetch me some papers from blake when you get inside, okay?" i instruct kehlani and she nods her head obediently.

i cup her face quickly and kiss her deeply on the lips. this will probably be the last time to ever have it happen again. i don't go for seconds and everyone knows that. i'm surprised that she doesn't.

when i pull away, i get out of the car and she does the same. kehlani hands me my keys and strolls inside, taking a left while i take a right. just how it should be; splitting ways after sex.

that's usually how it is with me, but earlier when she mentioned johnson, it made me feel something i've never felt before. some sudden feeling of protectiveness and a feeling to claim her.

"welcome back, mr. gilinsky." alexa greets me with a smile and her breasts are little rally spilling out of her shirt.

i can't help but let a reveling smirk crawl onto my lips, "good morning."

i love having attractive staff members. she's going to be my next target and i swear, i already have her wrapped around my finger. i break our eye contact and continue onward to my office.

once i get inside, i take a seat and immediately pull out my cellphone to call one of my good, good friends. he's just as successful as i am.

"sam?" i say once he answers.

"what's up, man?" he says through the phone and i can tell he's smiling.

he's probably getting head. he always has a girl on him and he's always at a club or something.

"i did it." i tell him like a little kid who just got a girlfriend. "i fucked my assistant."

"that's great! are you going to fire her now?" he asks me.

"i don't know..." i honestly reply.

i've had my reputation try to get demolished by some girls i banged and then left, but it never worked out because i'm the more powerful one when it comes to press. so, what harm can kehlani do?

"i just hired this girl. reagan. yeah, she's a ten." sam swoons, making me chuckle.

i automatically hang up without saying anything when i see kehlani walk in, overlooking the files. i cough and lean back in my chair to cover things up. my phone buzzes and i look down at it.

[sam] what the fuck you were the one that called me

[jack] i know i'm sorry my assistant just walked in

"who are you texting?" kehlani's voice makes my eyes look up from my phone. "you're texting like we're in middle school and you're afraid you're going to get caught by the teacher." she jokes.

i press my lips together and she sets the folders down on my desk. i stand up and excuse myself from the room. i have to talk to alexa and deal with his whole secretary mess. i stalk down the large and spacious area and i reach where she is shortly.

"hey, i just saw you." alexa smiles toward me and i chuckle.

"yeah, so i heard lindsay quit." i fold my hands together above the counter.

"yes, i think she said she had a better paying job?" she responds, practically shoving her boobs in my face.

i can't say that i'm not attracted, because i am attracted. god, i already had sex today and i sound insatiable.

"okay, because of that, you're going to have to work here much longer." i tell her.

her arches eyebrows pull together, "... were you going to fire me?"

oh shit. i forgot that she didn't know.

"no, i'm just saying." i smile to lighten up the mood and to hide the intentions of my words.

kehlani's pov

after a while, jack doesn't return back into the office and i sigh, standing up to go and see johnson. checking up on him because it's his first day and i want to see how he liking it and doing here. i exit his office and my eyes are glued onto my phone.

[kehlani] i'm going to see you right now

after i text johnson, i lock my phone and hear a familiar voice. it makes me want to stop in my tracks, but i continue proceeding. i steal a small glance and jack is leaning over the counter, laughing with alexa.

for some unknown reason, my blood boils. i don't like him. i can't like him. how am i not supposed to like him? we had sex and i already knew i was going to develop feelings for this bipolar and rude man.

plus, he kissed me in the car, so nothing could possibly be going on with him and alexa while there's something going on between us.

"thanks for being able to work longer, though." jack adds and i hadn't even realized i did stop in my place.

my heart stops beating. she's working here longer? dismissing the unsettling thought, i go on with going to see johnson. i clench my fists as i stand in the elevator. jack shouldn't wonder where i am, he does have access to security cameras.

the elevator stops at the third floor before going down to the second and i refrain from rolling my eyes. i have to ride the elevator with some more people. i look down at my phone to avoid eye contact.

"kehlani!" i hear a voice singsong and i look up to see olivia.

it makes me genuinely smile. i have no problem with her.

"hold the elevator!" another voice says and i do so.

blake appears and it makes me smile even more. these people are the only friends i really have here besides johnson.

"hey, again." i laugh to blake. "fourth floor?" i ask the both of them and they nod.

"aren't you going to that floor?" they both ask simultaneously and then laugh.

"no, i'm going the second floor to visit my new working friend." i honestly tell them.

"oh, mr. gilinsky is letting you?" olivia raises her eyebrow.

i shake my head, "i didn't tell him-" the elevator opens up to reveal the second floor. "-this is my stop, i'll see you guys later."

"let's all go to lunch." olivia suggest and blake nods. "bring your new friend."

"alright, lobby at 12:30." i say before waving the two off.

i look around at the signs because i never come down to the second floor. i walk into the accounting area and see the familiar blonde boy. i sneak up behind him and put both of my hands on his shoulders. he turns around, unfazed.

"you can never scare me, kehlani." he lamely says and i lean against his desk.

i smile, "i know, but i was wondering if you wanted to go to lunch? with some of my friends. blake and olivia."

"third floor blake?" he asks. "man, that dude is awesome." he laughs.

wow, he's met so many people already. i'm not surprised. johnson is very friendly when he wants to be.

"great, lobby at 12:30-"

i'm cut off by my phone ringing and i slide answer without looking at the caller id. an icy voice speaks from the other end.

"come back to my office. now."

{vote, comment, share}

buy royalty on itunes