Lesson Learned: For silverflyer

Lesson Learned

For silverflyer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning: There is some child abuse, self harm, and suicidal actions. Do not read if this will effect you negatively!

Beginning also about stuff before the first movie!

Flashback style.

You are 17. Hiccup is 19

*******************

Hiccup's P.O.V

****************

I remember when I first met (Y/ N). I was seven. I was crying. I believe it was about my father hating me. No one was willing to help me. I was disgrace. A mistake.

I still believe that, but I'm not depressed. I can still see the joy in life. At least, when I'm around (Y/ N).

Anyways, I felt alone. And I was until a small voice asked, "Why are you crying?" I looked up, surprised to see the small young girl with her knees bent in front of me. "Do you want a shoulder to cry on?" she asked, wearing a small smile despite also wearing rags with holes in them.

I started to nod but quickly shook my head. I was the chief's son; I couldn't be seen as weak.

She sat next to me nonetheless. "Don't worry. I'm here. I'll always listen." She brought me into a simple hug, but it still had me suddenly breaking down. I wept on her small shoulders like there was no tomorrow. She rubbed my back gently and, at one point, sung soothing songs softly in my ear.

I found out that the young girl could keep secrets. I spilt all of mine to her, and she would always comfort me and listen silently. If I ever asked her for advice, she'd ponder over her thoughts for a moment before sharing them with me.

She quickly became my best and only friend. I found out she lived with her uncle in a house close to mine. We played for hours nearly every day, mostly in the forest.

I would do something silly to hear her gentle and bell-like laugh, and she would often do the same to make me smile or laugh. We loved making the other happy, but also had plenty of serious moments.

She always made sure she was home before dark, though. Whenever I questioned why, she was quick to distract my active imagination or use my short attention span to detour my thoughts onto something else. At first, I didn't realize what she was doing. In fact, I'd only recently realized she was avoiding the answer. Yup, six years and she still made sure she was home before dark every night, unless she spent the night at my house, which happened quite often.

I am not stupid. I knew she had a secret she- for some unknown reason- wouldn't tell me. She has told me secrets before, and I made sure to keep them (besides, who would I tell?) but I knew she wouldn't tell that secret with ease. It would take some major persuading.

When she was seven, I was nine, I taught her to read and write. Ever since then she eagerly kept a journal, filled with drawings, ideas, or things that happened that day. I would get her a few journals for her birthday and Snoggletog every year since she went through a journal every few months.

When I was ten, just a year younger than (Y/ N) is now, I started cutting. It relieved me of the pain I felt from the hatred the tribe held towards me. The hatred my father held towards me. (Y/ N) was the only one who loved me. I loved her not like a sister as I had once, but as a lover. I was only thirteen, but I started having those feelings towards (Y/ N) for over a year.