Chapter 19

Dedicated to Certain people: 1Directionlovexox, xsuziex, wolves_luver101, romancelover_XOX, MadelineVillatoro, and blue122 (thank you ;D)

____-----_____

It wasn't a while until the rest of our pack came to the clearing where Max, Adam and I lied on the ground. Some members went up to Adam and carried him away to where I was guessing the Rift Valley Pack house. The alpha was no where to be found and well, we defeated their pack, so technically it was now ours. Max and I were still in wolf form, so we were given some spare clothes. I gratefully took mine, when I was handed some by a slightly familiar guy. I grabbed onto it with my jaws carefully and walked pass every one into the woods to change behind a tree. When I was finished, I sighed in relief and strode out of the trees with a bright smile on my face.

Running my hands through my blonde hair, I regretted doing that as my fingers got stuck in knots. My hair was usually silky and smooth, but was now rough and splattered with dry blood. I scrunched up my nose at the smell. It wasn't me though- it was the rotting corpses I was just steps away from. Jumping back, I had bumped into a strong broad chest.

“Whoa, need to watch out there Princess.” Max grinned down at me. My eyes widened and I quickly looked down, making sure to not make any eye contact with him.

“Yeah, sorry.”

“Hey, why are you looking so down?” I groaned inside my head. That was exactly why I looked down- I didn't want him to read my emotions. He had been doing that the past months. We had grown closer and now he could read me like an open book. It was like he knew all my secrets... Well actually he kind of did. But, I just couldn't keep any more secrets away from him. If I was hiding something, he'd know. If I was worried or stressed out on something, he would know. So what was there to hide anymore? Nothing.

“It's nothing. Today had been a tiring day for all of us, we should head back to the pack house.” I answered him, and tried to look up into his eyes, to try and get away with lie I just stated.

He seemed to ponder about something before responding to me, “Alright.” Max continued to gaze down at me and I was about to move away from him, when I noticed that he was holding onto my wrist. An unknown emotion flashed in his piercing blue eyes, before I felt his hand slowly loose their grip on my wrist. Shooting Max one more glance, I turned my back on him and walked away.

I made sure not to go near the lifeless bodies that were surrounded my swarming flies. I wrinkled my nose to get rid of the stench, but nothing helped. When I had bumped into Max, his desirable scent surrounded me and pushed all of the rotten smell of death out of the way. I had to pinch my forearm to keep myself from running back to Max and nuzzle my face in his. Why was I thinking of this now?

'It's because you guys were too distracted.' My wolf murmured sleepily inside of my head. I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. What was she talking about; why did she say were distracted? Distracted from what?!

'I'm too tired to answer any questions, goodbye.' She says blankly before shutting off completely, disappearing to somewhere in the back of my mind. I would have to ask her later, but this was really important. Did I have some sort of feelings for Max? Maybe that fake relationship, could come true into reality?