Tantamount To Innocence.

××

'This report says James Effron died from a heart attack, minutes before his apprehension nearly thirty minutes ago, which is coincidentally around the time Shadow proclaimed him dead.'  Batman announced to the  JLA members present.

'It couldn't just be a coincidence?' The Scarlet Speedster sighed, swirling in his chair.

'So, it's safe to say that she has other means of killing people, without contacting them.' Black Canary was distraught as well.

'The only question is how?' Superman rubbed his temple. 'Things just got more complicated than they already were. If keeping her here still permits her to kill, then we have no choice but to. . .' He left the rest unsaid.

'Yes, we can't leave this matter unresolved.' Came the husky voice of The Dark Knight.

×

Batman slammed the file on the table in front of Shadow. Yes, she had once again been moved to an interrogation room.

'And I'm here, why?' She asked, casually flicking the edges of the pages contained within the file.

'James Effron died an hour twenty minutes ago. . .'

'And?' She asked indifferently.

'You killed him.'

'Interesting,' she replied, picking up the file and skinning through the pages.

'Wow, so gruesome. Totally my style.' Her words were laced sarcasm as the Late John Effron died without any damage inflicted onto his body.

Sighing, she dropped the folder on the table with a loud thud, laughing as she spoke. 'What makes you think it was me?'

With a low tone, she continued. 'You have no proof.'

The conversation she had with Robin played instantly. Shadow bit the inside of her cheek, suppressing the urge to kill a certain interrogator that didn't know what the word privacy means. But she had been aware that she was constantly on surveillance.

'Of course,' she scoffed.
'And that is your proof, why?'

Batman slammed his fists on the table. 'Because, I don't believe in coincidences'

'I'm sure you're giving Robin a headache just by asking him to get you information from me.' she teased, leaning into her chair as
Batman eyes narrowed into slits.

'I suppose I'll save Robin the cephalagia and tell you how exactly poor James died.'

That response shocked all the heroes watching the interrogation, they hardly expected her to cooperate, not to talk of this

'First of all, he was already going to die, whether or not Robin had said another name, the reason, he was being poisoned—'

'The autopsy said nothing about a poison.' He cut her off.

'Naturally the poison wouldn't show up in the autopsy report unless it's components were specifically searched for, and even if it was, that specific coroner "coincidentally" works for me.' She countered cooly.

'James Effron is a very cautious man, how did you manage to poison him?' Batman asked suspiciously.

'Nothing escapes you, does it?' The assassin commended, smirking.

'There are not a lot of people that Effron decided to keep close, two to be exact, that inevitably led to his downfall. One was his brother, the other, his wife.' she continued, leading up to a point when Batman cut her off.