Part Two: Chapter Nine

I know,I know... I'm a horrible person for getting your hopes up then crushing them! But as an apology, I decided to give you another chapter. Are you happy? I'm happy! Enjoy~

-----

Evangeline's POV:

I still couldn't get over what I had done.. How could I have done that... after everything Milania had done for me....

I almost wanted to cry.

Especially now... now that I heard what happened to them both. It had to be my fault. I wouldn't have kissed Xander if I knew she liked him, but she said she didn't.

--------

Five minutes Earlier

--------

"Oh you're Evangeline right?" I looked to the unknown voice who said my name. I looked him up and down in confusion. I don't remember ever meeting him.

"Uhm yeah" I said quietly.

"Oh, I'm Nick by the way. I met you a while back with Milania"

"Oh yeah, hi!" I said with a large smile before pausing. I must have hurt her. That time I kissed Xander... I thought she didn't like him. But the expression on her face when she saw us together. I only knew then and I felt horrible.

"How is she...?" I asked and his smile grew bigger. That's a good sign.

"Great! I'm taking her on a date later" My brow furrowed. Nick was taking her on a date, "To club forty one. Her master said it was a good idea" He continued.

What? I didn't think Xander would let her go. When I had realized they were pretty much in love with each other I decided it might be best to cut all connections. She probably despised me after everything.

"Xander thought it was a good idea?"

Nick gave me a confused look, "She doesn't work for him anymore... they've been done a while now. She's working for this new guy now."

What....

"Why?" Was all I could manage out.

"I don't know but she doesn't want to talk about it. Maybe they fought or something but it's better to leave them. She wants him gone from her life so I'm going to be her knight in shining armor" He winked and I frowned.

No she didn't.

The girl I saw that day was in love with Xander. She wouldn't quit so easily and if she did there was probably a reason. She had to miss him...

Was it because of me? Did I ruin it?

"Where's Xander?"

He shrugged, "Who knows? I think he left for a bit when she quit or something, I've no clue at all."

"Anyway, I've to head and get ready for later!"

"You're going to club forty one right?" He nodded his head in response before hurrying off and waving.

Something wasn't right here, someone in love couldn't leave that easily. Let alone move on that quick. And when he said she didn't want to talk about it... Or maybe I was just intruding, misjudging the situation and jumping to conclusions.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Suddenly my eyes landed on someone. I was told about this guy. He knew Xander. "Jerry" I called out and the guy looked back at me confused. His eyes looked me up and down before looking around to see if it was actually him I called.

I was trying to think where I had seen him before. I knew who he was but I had seen him some other time with another man who wasn't Xander.

He had a drink in his hand but he made his way over to me, "It's Ger. Who are you?"