Chapter- 30 *Somethings left unsaid*✔

*Max's P.O.V*

Flashback

"Max, come downstairs. I have good news for you." My dad's voice echoes throughout the house. I turned off my laptop and jumped from the bed.

"Coming, Dad," I replied, going downstairs. As soon as I reached the first floor, Dad took me in his arms and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, slightly confused.

"I'm so proud of you, Max," he said, breaking the embrace.

"Um, thanks, Dad." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Yes, I'm also very happy," my mother said and smiled proudly.

"What happened, Mom?" I asked finally.

"You nailed it, son. You got the 'best student of the year' award," she said chirpily.

What? My jaw dropped.

"I got an invitation from your principal. They're organizing the ceremony in two days. You're at the top of your high school. Finally, my son is going to college. I am so happy today," my father said.

"Really?" I asked, surprised. My exams went pretty well but I didn't expect to be at the top. It was a huge thing, and I desperately wanted it, since I promised my dad that I wouldn't ever let him down with my studies.

"Yes, and now, as I promised, you are going to Hawaii on a month-long trip," he said and gave me a bright smile.

"Max, congratulations, buddy." Cole came running from the main gate and hugged me. "As part of the plan, we are going to Hawaii! Yes!" Cole exclaimed.

I gave him a glare and signaled him to shut up. It was our plan, but I didn't want to disclose it yet, since my father was very strict and would never agree on it. We had a deal with our father that whoever got the highest marks would get a trip to Hawaii, but Cole never bothered to study hard, since he didn't like studying.

We were opposites in every way. He liked to party, and I liked books. I liked to stay home, whereas he liked to roam the city. However, despite our differences, we loved each other. I had promised Cole that I would go with him only. I was planning on talking with Dad about it, but he ruined everything by saying it at the wrong moment.

"What?" my dad angrily asked. "You are not going with him."

"Why?" Cole asked, getting irritated.

"Because you passed on a slim margin, and that's probably only because of my name. If you wanted to go, then why didn't you study hard instead of getting wasted?" Dad yelled at Cole.

"Your dad is right. You should have studied hard, and now you lost it, so you better stay at home," my mother added disappointedly.

"I don't want to study! I don't like it!" Cole shouted.

"Don't shout at your mother, and it's not about what you like. You have to study hard if you want anything in life," Dad hissed.

"I don't need to do anything. I already have everything," Cole said as he jumped on the couch and pulled out his iPhone.

I groaned mentally. He would ruin everything with his childish behavior. I decided to put some sense into his pea-sized brain.

"Cole," I whispered in his ear, "Don't make a scene. Just go upstairs. I'll talk to Dad. We are going together, don't worry. Just shut your mouth right now."