Chapter 18

Content Warning: Strong language

Fadil

I was exhausted. For the last one week, I had been working day and night on this event. All day I had been running around organizing and managing the event. This year's winter fair was much grander than any we had worked on. Many companies had come together to make it into a mega affair. And from the looks of it, it was definitely a success. Families with young children were laughing, young couples were strolling hand in hand, and groups of college friends were just enjoying themselves. I smiled as observing the scenes around me. At least, my tiredness disappeared knowing hard work had paid off.

I turned to the food stalls when a familiar face smiled at me.

"Salaam Fadil such a great event" Maha grinned. She was accompanied by a couple of her friends.

"Walaikum salaam, I am glad you are enjoying yourself."

"Why don't you join us, we were hunting for something nice to eat?" she proposed hopefully.

I shook my head, "May be later. I still have a lot to do here. You enjoy yourself ok?"

"Can we meet up next weekend?" she asked with pleading eyes.

She never gives up does she, I sighed, "I will let you know Maha."

She nodded, disappointment written all over her face. I had to move away from there. She always made me feel bad of the way I treated her. I was doing my best being honest with her.

I strode off when I met one of the site marketing heads and we started discussing the course of actions we had to take for the next day as the crowd expected to grow the following day. As I was talking to him, from the corner of my eyes I noticed Salman with his sister and cousin. I hurriedly completed the talk and trotted to Salman.

"Salaam brother", I said approaching him extending my hand.

"Walaikum salaam, hey nice event. It was fun" shaking my hand firmly.

"I am glad you enjoyed. So where you off to now?"

"I am tired. I had been busy at work for the last week and I need rest so going back home."

I frowned, "Come on man, that early?"

"oh no, we have been here for more than two hours." He pointed out at his female companions, "those two have dragged me to nearly all the stalls here."

"Salman Bhai it wasn't that bad. You enjoyed as well." Nawal scrunched her nose and crossed her arms over her chest.

Salman grinned, "Yes until you decided you want to try out all those games and didn't even win a single tiny toy."

Nawal narrowed her eyes, putting her hands on her waist, "I will get even with you for revealing such things."

Salman chuckled "I'd like to see you do that." he winked.

I had never seen Salman like this. It almost seems he was flirting with her. Interesting, so this is the mystery lady he had mentioned on Fahd's wedding.

"Enough you two, I am sure Fadil Bhai is getting bored because of your bickering," Manal said sternly looking at my apologetically.

I laughed, "no no its ok Manal. This was quite entertaining and.....enlightening." that made Salman playful expression change abruptly and he gave me a warning look.

I back slapped Salman and whispered in his ear, "don't worry your secret is safe with me." This made Salman's ears turn pink... he was blushing. Now that was a sight to see.