10 | Supernatural Virus

Chapter Ten

We all got settled in the stone-cold vault, Stiles sitting with Malia laying across his lap, while I sat in the corner with my legs pulled up against my chest.

I was shivering.

I know that whatever this is didn't effect me earlier, but it hit me like a bus once we entered the vault. I've been feeling far worse than everyone else.

"You know, this is where it all started. That's where the money was. 117 million in bearer bonds." Stiles wearily spoke up.

"How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" Kira asked, allowing her fingers to graze the different objects on a metal shelf.

"Bank, I guess. They just let it sit here the whole time collecting dust. You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?" Stiles rambled.

"Why does it matter?" Kira questioner.

"You know how many problems that money could solve?" Stiles offered.

"For you?" she badgered.

"Me, my dad. The Eichen House and MRI bills are crushing him." Stiles avowed, as Kira took a seat beside Scott.

"My mom does this thing. She writes down all the items in our budget, and how much they cost, then she adds them all up and figures out how long we have until...we lose the house." Scott announced, causing me to look up as I placed my chin on my knees.

"Aunt Carol tries to keep it a secret..." I piped up, gaining everyone's attention.

"She thinks I don't know...but I do. We have bills piling up. Her part-time gig at the hospital clearly isn't doing enough." I informed. "Last month I overheard her on the phone, and she was talking about moving. We all know I would never want to leave...I'd try to find a way to stay in Beacon Hills, but I just don't know if I could."

Scott sat up and walked over to the vault door, pushing away all of our negative thoughts as joined him, and I rested my head against the solid wall.

"Anything?" Stiles asked,

"They're looking for us..." Scott answered, using his werewolf hearing. "Someone's going to have to go out there."

I looked up at the duo as they began whispering.

Stiles then walked back over to Malia. "Malia...Malia." Stiles mumbled, placing his hand gently on her shoulder.

"Mmm." she groaned, sitting upright.

"I gotta leave for a few, okay?" he addressed.

"Where are you going?" Malia's face fell.

"Whatever's happening, it's worse for you guys." he responded, as I continued to tremble. "That means it's not just people getting sick, it's another assassin."

"Here." he addressed, taking off one of his jackets, and wrapping it around her.

Those two are adorable.

"You're coming back, right?" she intently questioned.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'd never leave you behind." Stiles reassured, kissing her forehead, causing me to smile weakly as he left the vault.

"Hey." Malia whispered, as I crawled over to her, taking a seat beside her.

"You okay?" I chirped,

She shot me a smile. "Yeah."

"You know...seeing you and Stiles together makes me wish I told Liam how I feel about him." I acknowledged,