Part Two: Chapter Ten

thank you to all the people who were so kind in the last chapter. I didn't mean to be rude.

-------

"And most importantly behave" He looked back to his phone and I nodded my head again. He had lectured/told me everything to do and not to do while he was gone.

My neck almost hurt from nodding so much. "Have a nice time, Sir" He nodded his head, not bothering to speak but instead turned away and walked toward the car, "Wait" I stopped him. I had been curious about something for ages but I was always scared of asking him.

Now that he was going, I don't think he was going to wait around just to punish me so this was my chance. He glanced back at me, raising his eyebrows, waiting for me to continue. "That time, at the dance kind of thing with the maids and butler. You avoided eye contact with me at all times... you didn't want to look at Xander or I. Why?" I know it wasn't that important but I really wanted to know.

"I didn't know it was you" He shrugged before turning away and walking toward the car again. I frowned. Didn't see me? Yeah right, he definitely saw me. I let out a sigh and waited for him to drive off before shutting the door.

I turned around, looking at the now empty house. A sick feeling came over my stomach. Empty house... Alone...

I shook my head, trying to ignore the feeling before walking to the sitting room. The house was pretty much spotless after last night and this morning. I had cleaned it thoroughly after packing Josueé's bag for him although to my surprise, one of the bags he packed by himself.

I sat on the couch, turning on the large television. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, glancing down at the number. Hmm... Unknown.

I answered the number and brought it to my ear, "Hello?"

"Hey gorgeous"

"Nick?" My brow furrowed, "When did you get a new number?"

"When I got a new phone"

"Oh... how long ago was this"

"Ageeeees ago" He chuckled, "Why, are you upset I didn't give you my number?"

"No, I was just wondering if you had this new number when you messaged me 'sorry' a while back" I laughed and there was silence on the other end.

"I don't remember messaging you sorry.." He said slowly, "My phone went missing a while ago. I don't know, maybe a slip of the mind" 

I nodded my head although he couldn't see me, "Is there something you needed?" I asked, pulling off my shoes that I had been wearing and bringing my legs up onto the couch.

"What? I can't call you unless I need something?" He put on a fake sad voice, "I'm just calling to say hello, and to see how is my gorgeous girl today?"

I swallowed a lump in my throat. 'My gorgeous girl'.

"Nick" I sighed, "I told you I'm not-"

"Ready for a relationship" He finished, "I know, but that doesn't mean I can't make you feel special or call you names, right?"

"I suppose" I said slowly, "Sorry about last night again"

It was silent for a moment, "It's not you who needs to say sorry Milania. Xander ruined it for us. At least he's out of the picture now, I mean what are the darn odds, of all places, he showed up there?"

He was right. That was the biggest coincidence. Of all days, of all times, of all places... we were both at club forty one that night. "Yeah, it's weird"

"I bet he's stalking you"

"I wouldn't go that far Nick" I laughed, before resting my head back on the couch.

"So, you coming over later?" He asked it so casual. I wish everything was this casual. I wish this was my house, living with my parents. Having normal friends who invite me over to there house to hang out or going out.

"I don't thi-"

"Come on" He interrupted me, "You know you want to. Get out, live a little, have fun. Isn't that guy gone for a day or two"

"Yeah he is but I don't know. I think I'd rather just stay at home"

"Okay tell me, is the house clean?"

"Yeah, pretty much"

"Are you doing anything important?"

"No, not really?"

"Then come the hell over missus" I sighed. I didn't know whether to or not. Josueé didn't say I couldn't, he just said I couldn't throw parties. He'd probably let me out. It wasn't him that I was really worried about. It was what Xander said last night... what if Nick tried something.

"Fine" 

"Really?"

"Yes" I laughed at the excitement in his voice.

"Great, when do you want me to collect you. I have to go get something in the store first, do you want me to collect you before I do or after"

"Up to you" I shrugged.

"I'll get you first. Then we can spend longer together" I knew he was grinning over the phone and I forced out a laugh.

"Okay, I'm going to get ready. Blow the horn or call at the door when you're here" I said pushing myself up from the couch and walking out from the sitting room and toward the room where I slept. I wouldn't exactly call it a proper bedroom.

"Okey dokey, see you in a bit beautiful" 

"Alright, bye" I hung up the phone and lazily made my way before rooting through the closet. I had no clue what to wear and honestly, I didn't really care. I wasn't going out or anywhere important so I just threw on skinny jeans, with a grey tank top and a checkered cardigan/jacket thing.

I pulled on my black worn converse before shutting the closet door and leaving. I went back to the couch and pulled my phone back out, beginning to play subway surf.

It was bad how addicted to this game I was. I got so frustrated when I couldn't beat my stupid high  score. It was like my addiction to flappy bird. I gave up on that game when I reached four hundred and eight.

I realized that making a bird fly through poles wasn't getting me anywhere in life. 

I turned down the sound of the game. The music and noises annoyed me. It was my current favorite game app as well as piano tiles. That game was life. That's how sad I was, I was addicted to a god damn phone game. 

I cursed loudly when my phone buzzed and caused my game to freeze. I was about to kill the person who ruined my score. 

Exiting from the app I opened the text from Tina. My brow furrowed as I read it:

I'm so so so so sorry Milania! I didn't know! I'm soooooo sorry!!

My brow furrowed. This did not seem good, Tina rarely panicked. I immediately responded:

What's wrong? What happened?

The moment I sent it, I  heard a car pull up outside. I heard the door open and I stood up from the couch, surprised at how quick and angrily the knocks at the door came. I left the room and went to open the door when I got a text.

I looked and read the text while pulling open the door:

Xander said you guys met last night, and you're talking again. I accidentally let it slip who you worked for because he was acting like he knew! I think he's on his way!

I looked up, slowly peeling my eyes away to my phone, my stomach turning over when my eyes landed on an extremely angry Xander.

Dammit Tina!