I. A New Kind of Confrontation

Sonic ran through the lands that were unknown to him for so long, he had lost track of time. He was trying to find his way back home after suddenly waking up in a world that wasn't familiar. There were towns all over, and he had barely gotten a chance to just sit and think. It seemed that everywhere, there weren't only humans, but robots. It was almost like Dr. Eggman had built a nice empire that everyone could live in without worry. But Sonic knew that he was far from his home planet. He didn't know where, exactly, but maybe he was even in a different galaxy!

The hedgehog shook his head. He needed to talk to someone and find out where he was. But even if he did, it wouldn't help him a whole lot. If Tails were around, he would be able to help get Sonic home, but without him, he was completely stuck. Slowly, he emerged from an alleyway, preparing to walk into the city and let people stare at him in wonder. He loved the attention, of course, but so many people around would make anyone feel uncomfortable.

People stopped in their tracks to look at the strange being, and Sonic kept his eyes glued to the sidewalk in front of him. He ignored the red lights that signaled for him to not walk, instead rushing through the traffic. Sure, some cars honked their horns at him, yelling obscenities, but Sonic just wanted to get back home. These people needed to learn some manners it seemed, anyway.

"Watch it, robot!" One of them shouted, shaking his fist. Sonic shrugged, thinking it was perhaps an easy mistake to make between a robot and a hedgehog. A stupid one, however.

The city never seemed to end. Forever, the streets seemed to lead on and on, and Sonic was beginning to get tired of being called a robot and being yelled at. It's not like he wanted to be there.

Sonic yawned and stretched his arms near the sky. He was tired, and looking at the bright orange sunset didn't make his eyes feel any more open. He rubbed them for a bit after looking ahead for so long. He had been travelling west for what seemed like days, just walking, trying to avoid running people down. Really, it had only been a half an hour.

I'm not going to have much luck in the dark. Sonic said silently to himself. But there was nowhere he would be able to sleep peacefully. He was treated as a bit of an outcast, he felt. And there was nothing worse than sleeping in a cold, dark alleyway.

Sonic closed his eyes and sighed. He then ran up a building, finding it more suitable than next to a smelly garbage can. What, they didn't have a robot for that? There seemed to be one for everything else.

Laying flat on his back, Sonic tried to think of what he was doing before he had been brought to this strange place. All he could remember was falling asleep. This wasn't the doing of Dr. Eggman, either; he hadn't been in action for a few days. He recalled showing Tails a beautiful waterfall he had discovered... maybe the water had been poisoned? He doubted it. And it would have been a really strange hallucination that he was stuck in.

It wouldn't surprise him if he had been randomly summoned there by somebody. It had happened many times before, and he wondered why it hadn't happened sometime before. Usually, though, when he was summoned, his 'summoner' would guide him and tell him what they wanted to do; that wasn't the case here. Maybe he was just supposed to explore or something for some reason. Or maybe he was just utterly lost and something would happen in the morning.

With a yawn, Sonic closed his eyes, but he couldn't escape the shock he was still partially in. What was Tails thinking right now? And... he didn't even want to imagine what was going through Amy's mind. It was probably full of screams and shouts and terrors he didn't want to even think about. Knuckles probably didn't care, and was just sitting on Angel Island, protecting the Master Emerald. That's all he ever did, but it still seemed to get stolen an awful lot.