chapter seven!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

*   *   *

*   *   *

(  𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 )

Isabelle, Lydia and Jackson were all cramped into Jackson's Porsche. Isabelle had drawn the unlucky straw with Lydia and was forced into the back. Parked outside some DVD rental place, the girls were arguing with Jackson (When didn't they?) over which movie he should pick up.

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever made," bartered Jackson.

"No," came the answer from Lydia and Elle.

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper," Jackson unsuccessfully promoted.

"No," said Lydia.

"They're old and ugly," said Elle.

"Lydia, Ell-Bell, I swear to God you're gonna like it,"

"No," they repeated in union.

"I am not watching The Notebook again," Jackson said putting his foot down and exited his Porsche. Both girls looked at each other, knowing his resolve would break and he would cave in to the girls choice.

* * *

"Mm. Did they forget my curly fries?" Sheriff asked when he and his son were both in his squad car outside the drive-through and Stiles was passing him his choice of food. The smell of burgers and fries was overwhelming and mouth watering so the two males wanted to sort out there food as quickly as they could just to shove it into their mouths.

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones." Stiles reminded his father as he began to shove said curly fries into his mouth very impolitely.

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries." the Sheriff demanded.

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong," sassed Stiles.

* * *

When Jackson had gone inside the movie rental, Lydia turned to see Isabelle frowning at her phone screen. "Still no word?"

Isabelle shook her head. "Nothing."

"Maybe he's busy?"

Elle scoffed. "Too busy to send his little sister a text to say he's still alive?"

Lydia winced. "Okay, you have a point. But this is Dan, you know what he's like. He's probably out partying and his phone had died or something."