Chapter Four

“I just bought a few shirts, they’re in the back seat, you can throw one on if you like,” Harry told me as I wrung the water from my shirt. I peered over my seat and I saw a plastic bag overflowing with items. “Actually, could you could you grab me one?” He asked, putting his keys in the ignition.

            “Um, sure,” I muttered, leaning over the cup holder and grabbing the first shirts on the top. “Which one do you want?” I asked him, showing him my picks. One shirt was black with a design and then one with the Pink Floyd symbol.

            “You pick,” he replied, but I saw his eye was caught on the black one so I passed it to him. “Thanks.” But his shirt, which was being pulled over his head, had muffled his praise. I’m not a prude, but I quickly averted my eyes after I saw his bare stomach, it just felt uncomfortable. If you want I can step out of the car, or you can crawl in the back. The windows are tinted.” I moved my eyes to outside the car, where rain was falling like bullets into the ground.

            “Oh it’s fine, I’ll just crawl into the back,” I assured, sliding over the cup holder and falling onto the back seat.

            “You okay?”

            “Stellar,” I answered, only slightly sarcastic in my response. I stripped off my top and paused when I realized my damp sports bra couldn’t be helped. I then slipped on the Pink Floyd top, and it was a bit big, but that turned out to be a good thing. It hung loose so the water from my bra didn’t seep into the clean shirt.

            When I was situated back in the passengers seat I shot Harry a smile. “Thanks for letting me borrowing it,” I said, giving him a warm smile as he started onto the road.

            “You can keep it if you want,” he told me, giving me a once over, “ it looks good on you.” I felt heat on my cheeks so I gave him a thin lipped smile, and angled my face away.

            “So,” I started, once I was sure my blush had lessened, “Where are planning to take me?” He gave me a grin.

            “Somewhere you’d never think to go.”

            “I thought you said you were going to be my tour guide, with an emphasis on touristy,” I reminded, but he shook his head.

            “I’ll be your tour guide, but we’re taking the underground London tour today Katie,” he informed me. “Partly because nothing else is open and partly because it’s the best tour to go on,” he explained, pausing for a second, “but mainly because I can’t be recognized.” 

            “Ooh, I forgot, I’m with Mr. Fame,” I thought out loud, giving him a wistful smile.

            “My name is Mr. Styles, and hopefully you’ll forget that part of me while we’re together.” He made a sharp left, and I realized for the first time that we going down a particularly rough looking street.

            “Well it’s easy to forget, you don’t look act like your famous,” I admitted, running a hand through my hair and being happy to find it’d dried slightly from before.

            “I was unaware famous is a personality.”

            “It isn’t, but egotistical is. Similar things,” I blurted before I could stop myself. I wanted to wipe that past sentence away from history, because I reminded myself Harry must’ve known hundreds of celebrities.

            “I’m torn between being offended and flattered,” he replied, keeping his eyes on the road. I realized in the silence of the car just how hard driving must’ve been, and I was instantly thankful I wasn’t in his place. The windshield was a blur of gray and a filmy white, the wipers only helping a little.