Chapter 41

We all woke up around seven thirty, got dressed and headed down to the Hall around seven fifty. 

Everyone was buzzing with nervous energy. Some people were a little too cocky for my liking though. Like Peter and Molly. But I guess they were allowed to be. For they were definitely going to make it through. And I'm pretty sure I was. But I was still nervous for actually becoming a Dauntless member. It just meant I was a step closer to becoming a leader. Even though I kind of doubted that would happen. 

After about thirty minutes of eating breakfast and chatting away Eric, Max and the other Dauntless leaders were on the balcony, waiting for everyone to finish talking. It took a while to calm the Dauntless born down. But then again, it always did. 

"Welcome everyone" Max started up, appearing expressionless. "I would like to congratulate all of our Dauntless borns and initiates who are here with us today" he continued, shouting out to the crowd. "You have made it through the three stages of training, which is a hard thing to do" he then said, directing what he was saying to us. 

"But it isn't over yet... We still need to choose you" Eric then smirked, making all of the other leaders smirk down at us, evilly. 

This sent shivers up my spine. 

"Eric is right" Max spoke up. "Now. If you are 'out' you are to collect your things immediately and leave" Max continued to explain. 

This really made my heart go out to all of the people that were going to be leaving us today. This was it for them. They would have to go and live factionless. 

"Here are your final rankings" Eric announced loudly as he pressed a button in his hand. 

The panels came to life yet again. The Dauntless born rankings were shown on one side of the room and on the other side of the room, ours were shown...

1 Peter   2 Molly   3 Eliza   4 Drew   5 Emma   

6 Matisse   7 Jem   8 Will   9 Christina   10 Blaire 

11 Tris   12 Amy   13 Samantha   14 Jason   15 Jade 

16 Frankie   17 Matt   18 Wren   19 Meg 

I was ranked third! What the hell!? That is so good. 

But I was confused as to why there was no position twenty. Technical malfunction? 

I turned to Molly who was next to me. She congratulated me and I congratulated her. Then I asked her why there was no position twenty. And she replied with... 

"Because Edward is gone". 

Then I completely understood. They had counted him as 'out'. 

So that meant Frankie, Matt, Wren and Meg were leaving us. I saw the four of them huddled together crying. I felt so sorry for them, I was almost in tears. 

"Whoooo! We made it Lize! We made it!" Matisse screamed in my face. 

"Can you believe it!?" Amy then joined in. 

I turned to them and screamed in joy. "Congrats guys! I love you". 

Four approached our table and solemnly looked at Frankie, Matt, Wren and Meg. 

"Sorry guys, but you have to leave now" he said, tilting his head in the direction of our dorm. 

We all said our goodbyes and then Four sat down for a little with us. 

The room suddenly went quiet and one of the female leaders spoke up...

"There will be a big celebratory party held in your honour. To welcome all you lot to our faction".