23 | Invitation

"너와 입술이 닿을 때부터

Since the time I kissed you

모든 달라질 알았는데

I thought everything was going to change

별거 없어 다른 없어

But nothing has changed, you haven't changed."

❁❁❁

"WHAT DO YOU want, Asher?" I groaned, placing my hands on my hips. I was clearly not in the mood for any of his stupid, insulting remarks. The white-haired heir stood tall and mighty in his tailored uniform, looking like he belonged at a fashion show rather than school. Not to mention, I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't someone else. The silly, romantic part of me wished it was.

You're welcome. Let me know, alright? When you figure it out.

I shut my eyes tightly, Robin's words echoing in my head for what seemed like the hundredth time. It seemed clear to me that he was choosing to pretend nothing had happened from the way he was ignoring my text messages for the past couple of days. The final straw was the way he was being so incredibly rude back at the lounge.

We cannot be together. We cannot be together. We can—

"What, were you expecting someone else? Preferably someone with blonde hair and a cold, granite stare?" Asher smirked, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms.

"No!" I nearly shouted, glaring at him harshly. "I don't like him!"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, you crazy woman," Asher scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"What do you want, Asher?" I sighed in resignation, eager to get over with this conversation so I can go to my dorm and curse Robin to hell. Asher eyed me curiously, before scratching his head and sighing.

"Look. Don't take this the wrong way, but thanks for being a friend to Emily," Asher grumbled, crossing his arms and staring at the ground uncomfortably. I felt my lips quirk into a smile at the mention of my best friend.

"Is that so, Asher Dane?"

"I'm not going to say it again," he snapped, shooting me another glare. Only, this time it wasn't so scathing. "If you tell anyone about this conversation, I'll make sure your death is slow and painful. Besides, no one is going to believe that someone like me will associate with someone like you anyway, so save yourself the trouble and shut it, will you?"

"Why, of course, Your Majesty! Anything else? Shall I stitch my lips shut for you? Or should I go ahead and jump off a cliff and save you the trouble of hiring a hitman to make sure I don't speak of this?" I gibed.

Asher smirked, "Yes, that would be nice."

"I'm going to murder you in your sleep," I muttered darkly.

"I thought you were going to murder Robin in his sleep?" Asher asked, raising a triumphant eyebrow at me.

"I-I never said that!" I protested, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

"Sure, but your homicidal expression when he told you to leave begged to differ," Asher teased.

"Oh, shut up!"