31. Diving into River Styx

"Stepbrother vs Stepbrother." Trevor's eyes widened at me, grabbing my hand in complete excitement. "This will be very entertaining." He chuckled.

"That's insane, is that possible?" I queried quietly, eyeing at Logan's angered facial expression.

"What do you mean if that's possible? There's no rule in going head to head against a family member." He affirmed, letting go off my hand as he stood up to shout something out loud. "YOU CAN DO IT LOGAN!"

I stayed quiet as the whole team patiently watched the announcer raise up his whistle. The swimmers quickly got ready on their starting block.

I looked around to see where Andrew was but the whistle had already blown and the swimmers had already dived into the pool.

The room was immediately filled with loud cheers including ours. All our eyes following Logan swimming his way to the end.

But it was too late as someone had already zoomed pass Logan and the others. My eyes following the boy to see who it was, was still blurry. Just until he hit the end.

Please don't be Andrew, please don't be Andrew.

One side of the room bursted into loud cheers finding out that the winner was someone from The Great White Sharks. Well, better than Andrew, who I see walking back into The Stingrays side with a unidentifiable smirk on his face.

Some of our team members patted Logan's back and gave him friendly encouragements on his failure.

"It's alright Logan, we're not eliminated yet." Coach Alex smiled, looking back at the announcer.

I quickly frowned and turned my head towards Trevor. "Eliminated? What is this? The Hunger Games? This whole swimming event is so weird and different from normal events I would go to."

"The way Amphitrite organizes the competitions is insanely different than how other normal schools would do it. I myself still don't understand how the system works but all I know is each swimmer from each team should be able to play against the other teams. But last time I didn't even get to swim because Coach Alex picked someone else. But when the swimmer from that team gets a point, they progress to the next race. So every 3 races 2 teams gets eliminated for having the least points." He ended his explanation, also landing his attention at the announcer.

I was sort of still confused at everything he said, but just as long as I get to swim I guess that's all that matters.

"Attention, all 6 teams of Amphitrite High School." The announcer coughed, pulling out a small piece of paper out of his pocket. "The 2 eliminated teams are.." He took a slight pause to give the crowd an unnecessary suspense.

"We're for sure not gonna be eliminated." Trevor whispered to me, remaining a strong gaze at the announcer.

"The first eliminated team are, The SeaSnakes." The announcer declared, flipping his piece of paper over.

The first team eliminated would be The SeaSnakes, knowing they are arguably the worst team in this school.

"Okay, and finally the second team eliminated are, The Torpedoes." He finished, putting away his microphone as crowds in different parts of the gymnasium started to boo.

"That leaves our team, The Stingrays, The MakoSharks, and The Great White Sharks." Trevor let out a sinister smile, causing me to laugh to myself.