Chapter 42

I went to go get a drink, so it didn't look too suspicious as to why I wasn't talking and as to why I looked so angry. 

I had come to the conclusion that Tris only made it through because of her secret relationship with Four. Everyone could tell the two of them liked each other, just like everyone could tell I liked Eric and Eric liked me. But no one knew what Four and Tris had done. Then again, no one knew what Eric and I had done... But whatever, the focus was on Four and Tris. 

As I was contemplating and drinking I saw Tris walking up to me. I stood up straight, really slowly, while giving her the ultimate 'death glare'.  My sass-mode was officially 'on'. 

Tess, Al or Meg could've still been here. But no. Tris was. And I was livid. 

"Ok what's your problem?!" Tris said. Getting all fired up. 

"Oh you wanna talk about problems!?" I said feistily. 

"Well yeah. I guess we can because I think you have a major problem" Tris announced. 

"Oh yeah! And what's that" I said while crossing my arms against my chest. 

Before she said anything she scoffed and laughed mockingly.

"I can't believe you like Eric" she revealed. "He's such a player and he is so cruel".

"Well I can't believe you like Four, he's so frigid" I retorted. I was trying to seem calm though. It's what I tended to do when I want to show who was boss. 

"Well do you know how many girls Eric has slept with?" Tris said accusingly. Trying to take the subject off of her 'guy'. 

"What? I'm guessing you heard how many off of Four..." I said, stating the obvious. Tris nodded afterwards. "So you went to the guy who has beef with Eric and expected to hear the absolute truth? How stupid are you!? Of course Four is going to tell you a lie" I angrily said as I stepped closer to Tris. "Anyways, at least my guy knows how to 'get around'" I finished confidently. 

Tris looked really offended. And the others seemed to have noticed our bickering. 

"I heard Eric has slept with over fifteen girls!" Tris remarked, trying to 'get back at me'. 

"Oh will you just shut up about that... " I abused. Then I paused for affect. "You know what... In a way I think it's kinda cute. Two stiffs... two frigid stiffs" I continued as mockingly as possible. 

"Hey!" Tris said as she shoved me back a little. 

I stumbled back a little. Not expecting her to do that. 

"Did you just push me!?" I said, as I flicked some hair off of my face. 

"Yeah. I did" she replied, before I tackled her to the ground. And that's when everyone rushed over to see what was going on. 

We fought for a while. Everyones attempts of breaking us up didn't work. We continued getting a few punches in and a fews jabs. But after about five minutes Four was hauling me off of Tris. He began yelling at me, standing up for Tris. But I wasn't focussing on what he was saying. I was focussing on her. I didn't stop glaring at her. 

Then I heard a familiar voice, that sent relief shooting through me. He was bound to stand up for me. 

"What the hell is going on here!?" he yelled, barging through the small crowd and then ending up at my side. 

"Are you alright?" he said to me as he grazed his thumb over my lip. At first I was confused as to why he was doing that here but then I winced in pain. I had a cut lip.