Chapter 22- Result

٥٧ نَحْنُ خَلَقْنَٰكُمْ فَلَوْلَا تُصَدِّقُونَ
٥٨ أَفَرَءَيْتُم مَّا تُمْنُونَ
٥٩ ءَأَنتُمْ تَخْلُقُونَهُۥٓ أَمْ نَحْنُ ٱلْخَٰلِقُونَ
57)We created you-if only you would believe!

58)Have you seen what you ejaculate?

59)Is it you who create it, or are We the Creator?
Surah 56 Al Waqiyyah, 57-59.

Marjaan P.O.V

I was really happy with the way Ju reacted to the situation. I submitted to Allah's will and quickly went out with the test stick.

It was clearly written all over his face that he was the one who was excited more. To be honest, this scared me, I didn't want to give him false hopes. I contemplated several times about informing him about the results after it was done .

Alhamdulillah, my husband was my best friend now and I wanted to share every detail of my new life with him. I had lead a perfectly happy life before wedding. Now when I look back at my past, everything feels incomplete compared to the constant state of euphoria I am in now.

He turned out to be better than the husband I had prayed for. I had always been scared that I would disappoint him. I always felt that way when I saw the things he did for me. I couldn't do half of that in return.

Having a baby would be the greatest gift I could give him and that brought a lot of happiness in me. I checked the leaflet for instructions. 1 line... Negative. 2 lines... Positive.

There was a clear one line and suddenly the next line appeared.

"I knew it" he lifted me up and turned around.

"Ju, put me down. I am pregnant" I protested.

I didn't know that my heart was capable of handling so much happiness at once, there was an automatic change in me from the minute those two pink lines appeared. I noticed that I started to think collectively and even before my mind could grasp anything; my heart had accepted our baby.

"Let me tell everyone" Ju was about to rush downstairs and tell everyone.

That's when the next hurdle came in my mind. How was I going to inform everybody about this? I am really shy when it comes to these matters and to tell others that I had gotten pregnant in my first month of marriage itself seemed quite a big task for me. In my mind I could see my friends and family teasing me.

He came back to the room and I noticed that ever since he returned from the mosque he had been smiling. He couldn't help it.

I made up my mind to not linger on what others would say. I decided to enjoy motherhood and take it one day at a time. The only thing that mattered now was seeing the person I love happy.

"Chubby, Ummi is calling you downstairs" Ju beamed.

"Don't run down the stairs" I heard him call out and I started taking one step at a time. As soon as I reached the living room, Ummi hugged me and kissed me on both my cheeks.

"You have made me very happy, molu (daughter). I've been waiting for such a day since the wedding. Did you call Ferooza?" she asked.

"No ummi. Can you please do that for me, I am feeling shy to say it over the phone." I covered my face with my hand.

"It's one of the greatest gifts Allah has given you, don't be shy Molu. Tomorrow when you go to college, go to the hospital and do a test just to conform it, we will inform everyone else after that." Ummi said happily.