Chapter Thirty-Four: Why Does It Hurt So Much?

Making my way to Las Vegas. Hate it, but it's better than nothing. Plus, I get to see someone special! NO! Not a boy. Ok, yes it's a boy, but I don't like him that way. Ok, maybe a little, but we're not going to work out.

~~~

Erza's POV:

"No, please, don't make me!" Levy begged. I was carrying her over my shoulder, while trying to find Gajeel. Mira and Cana were walking beside me. We thought we would try and find Gajeel when school ended.

"Sorry, Levy. You made a promise and we expect you to keep that promise. Yesterday, Juvia asked Lyon to the dance. Now, it's your turn to ask Gajeel," Mira said.

"Meh, I don't know what happened," Cana said as she made a loud yawn.

"While you were sick, Levy made a deal that if Juvia asked either Lyon or Gray to the winter formal, Levy would ask Gajeel," I explained.

"If you guys are going to take me to Gajeel, can you give me some privacy? Please? That's all I'm asking," Levy pleaded.

"Fine, but we're not going to leave until you tell him," Mira said. We looked around for Gajeel, but we couldn't find him anywhere. Cana asked Natsu where he went, but he hasn't seen him all day.

"Guys, I think we should do this tomorrow. He doesn't seem to be anywhere and we checked all over the place," I said.

"Not everywhere..."

"What was that, Levy?" Mira asked.

"Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it. The winter formal is not going to come until next week," Levy said, while making a nervous laugh. I set her down and we started walking our separate ways. All, but Levy.

"Levy, aren't you going home?" I asked.

"No, I have something to do at the moment. Go on ahead. I don't want to keep you guys waiting." I gave her a small nod and walked back home. I turned back and saw Levy heading towards the music room. It was the only room we haven't checked in the whole school...

~~~

Levy's POV:

There was a big hunch telling me that Gajeel was in the music room. I opened the door and sure enough, I saw Gajeel playing the piano. I tried to close the door quietly, but the door clicked shut, making Gajeel stop what he was doing and face me.

"Hey," Gajeel said blandly. There was a huge lump in my throat and it wouldn't go away.

"H-Hey," I said shyly. He turned away from me and sighed. How do you approach someone after a horrible incident you committed?

I took a seat next to Gajeel and didn't have the courage to face him. Tension began to invade the atmosphere and I felt my heart beating off my chest. After a minute of uncomfortable silence, Gajeel was the one who broke it.

"Look, Levy. It was a heat of the moment thing and I just took the opportunity. I'm sorry that I did that to you, but judging by the number of days you haven't talked to me, I'd say you're still pretty mad about it." I didn't know what to say. It felt as if my mouth didn't want to talk. I mustered all the bravery I could and spoke.

"You...didn't call me 'Shrimp.' You always called me that." He looked at me and gave me a sorrowful look.

"When I showed you my grade and things got...a little out of hand, was that...your first?" He asked tentatively. I slowly nodded. There it was again. The brief pause. I waited for a few more seconds and talked.