t w e n t y t w o

^^ new book cover !

t w e n t y t w o

"their perception of beauty is a lie. you were beautiful all along."

PLEASE NOTE: this chapter contains some mature/sexual themes so pls don't read if you are uncomfortable with that.

Harry's POV

God she was beautiful. And she didn't even realise it.

The moment after she'd run into me - when her wide blue eyes locked with mine, I'd felt all the breath knocked out of my lungs. The bright lights from the ceiling reflected off her cheeks making her physically glow and the way her full lips had parted slightly made me almost lose all self control right there and then.

But I knew I had to take things slow. I had to show her that I could care for her.

I wanted to know more about her - to know more about this girl who'd already captivated me, in a way. And I wanted her to learn more about me - I wanted her to trust me. To not see me in the light that the media shone me in. To see me for me.

I was infatuated with her and I had absolutely no idea what to do about it. But I also no no intention of trying to stop it.

*

Even despite me being so far from the stage, I could still feel the nerves radiating off of Chloe as she walked into stage. I knew what it was like to be in her position and hell did I know how much she wanted to be in the final.

"Good luck," I whispered, knowing she couldn't hear me.

Jesus Harry.

I noted the way her steps gradually slowed down as she reached centre stage, and the way her fingers ran through her unruly blonde hair - nervous habit.

"You've got this Chloe," Rita spoke into her microphone, nodding her head.

I sucked in a sharp breath as the music began playing, Chloe's face appearing on both of the big screens on either side of the stage.

Just as she opened her mouth to sing I was snatched out of my trance by a voice calling behind me.

"For fucks sake Harry," I recognised the voice as belonging to Liam and whipped my head around to face him.

"What?" I whispered back harshly, earning a few glares from people in the audience.

Liam rolled his eyes, "Well, in case you'd forgotten the reason we are here is for a meeting with management," He seethed back, "Not for you to be standing here ogling over a girl who you so badly want to fu-"

"It's not like that and you know it." I gritted.

"Sure, Jan," He muttered.

"Jan?" What the fuck.

"Never mind," Liam rolled his eyes once again, "Come on, you're already late and Paul is not in a good mood so you better think of something."

"Something- as in?" I questioned, stalking behind him as we made our way down the corridors.

"Something other than 'Oh sorry lads Chloe's ass was looking-"

"For god's sake Liam," I cut him off, "You fucking know its not like that. I'm not like that."

"Save it for Paul."

We arrived to the meeting room with no others words passed between us.

My one fucking opurtunity to watch Chloe doing the thing she loves most - in one of the most important performances for her and I'd blown it.