"you're talking to me now"

30 | "you're talking to me now?"

By the time everyone is ready to go, I'm beyond irritated. For the entire past hour, all they've done was boss me around and force me to clean up after them, and if being completely honest, I'm pretty sure this is the last time I'm ever inviting them over.

Leaning against my door frame, I watch as everyone tugs back on their shoes. Michael looks up at me from where he's sitting hunched over on the swing, his leg pulled up to his chest; fingers working to lace his strings, "So, I gotta say. Your mom? She's kind of a babe."

"Michael shut up, okay?" I huff, rolling my eyes, "The mom jokes are starting to become slightly annoying."

He laughs, and shrugs before pulling his pants leg down over his high-top and standing up. "Oh, relax Annie. It was just a joke."

"Yeah, and for the past hour that's all I've been hearing from you. Jokes." He ruffles his hair and puts on his hat, and I see his tattoo again. This time I don't stop myself, "What does that even mean?"

"What?"

I point, "Your tattoo, right there. Yeah, what is that?"

Michael turns his green eyes to it, and smirks before looking up at me, "A ninja blade."

I tilt my head, staring at it, "Really?"

"Yeah, I went through a phase in my life where I really liked ninjas, and I wanted to be one so bad. This tattoo is as close as I got though," he explains, shrugging.

"Hm, that's pretty cool," I admit, resting back against the door. "So much dedication."

He grins, "You think?"

I nod.

"Well, what if I told you that that was yet another  joke?" He cocks his head to side, smirks, then he bursts into laughter and hops down the steps, "Come on guys, let's go."

Wow. And to think that earlier while in the pool, I actually thought Michael wasn't as mean as I set him out to be. Taylor jumps up and fixes her fedora on her head, before interlocking their arms and heading down the walkway.

"No, thanks?" I mumble to myself.