Chapter 49 - My Saviour

"Isabella, dinners ready!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm coming mom!" I called back, as I shoved my school books in my bag. I was honestly so done with school. There was only this year of high school left and I'd go on to University afterwards. I honestly couldn't wait. I was done with high school.

I heard my phone beep, and I went over to check who it was. It was my best friend, Nina. She texted me to ask if I wanted to go prom dress shopping with her this weekend. Prom was a month away, yet she was already planning. Nina's been so excited for prom I honestly wasn't surprised that she was already looking for a dress. But I guess, finding the right dress took time.

I ended up texting her back saying that I probably wouldn't go, since I knew I wouldn't have a date. A couple weeks ago, I had really wanted Corby to ask me out. He was one of the hottest guys at our school, and one of the nicest as well. I had known him for a long time and had even liked him for quite a time. But for some reason I didn't feel anything for him anymore. It was the weirdest thing ever because I remember a couple weeks ago, I was going completely insane over him. But now he just seemed like any other guy to me. In fact, none of the guys at my school seemed appealing to me anymore. It was strange.

Anyways, I put my phone away and walked downstairs to find my family already eating. I smiled at them and sat down, filling my plate up with rice, chicken and potatoes with some salad. "This smells really good!" I told my mom and she smiled at me.

"Guess what Isa? I got accepted onto the basketball team!" My fifteen year old sister immediately spoke up causing me to smile and congratulate her. Britney had always wanted to get on the basketball team but each year she'd get rejected because she wasn't good enough. So I helped her build her basketball skills and told her to never give up, until now she finally got accepted. "I'm so proud of you Brit. I told you, you could do it!" I exclaimed, giving my sister a high five.

After that we settled down, eating our food and talking about school and work and what our plans are for the weekend. "Nina wants to go prom dress shopping but I don't even know if I'm going." I said causing mom to give me the look.

"You have to go! Prom is amazing. I still remember how amazing my prom was with your dad. It was so beautiful and magical." Mom said with a faraway look in her eyes before she leaned over and kissed dad causing us all to groan.

"Please not now! We're eating!" Brit exclaimed while my ten year old brother David left the table causing us all to burst out laughing.

"David, you can come back now!" I called causing David to yell out a no. We all laughed again before we resumed eating dinner.

"But seriously Isabella, I think you should go." Mom said causing me to shake my head.

"I won't have a date and besides there isn't really anyone I want to go with." I said pushing my food around in my plate.

"What about Corby? I remember you talking to Nina once and talking about how you think he's so-"

"Mom!" I exclaimed in surprise. "You were eavesdropping on me?" I couldn't believe this. Of course she would be doing that.

"Hey, I didn't mean to honey. I was just walking by when I heard you say that." My mom said causing me to shake my head.

"And I don't want to go with him. I don't like him anymore. I don't like anyone at our school. No one's good enough. It's harsh but the truth." I said as I stuffed my mouth with rice.