Chapter 13

Over the summer break, I had absolutely nothing to do. Unlike at Hogwarts, I didn't have any  friends. It's quite ridiculous too, seeing that I live in a very bustling and packed street where plenty of kids play everyday. I guess, growing up knowing I was different than normal people, set me off a bit. I was always scared that something random would happen around others, that normally happened alone.

Time to time, even though they were very rare, I would have these random bursts of magic when I was young. Like when I was eight, while eating dinner out of nowhere my plate had transformed into a large nasty toad. It hopped around the whole house with my spaghetti on its head before we had finally caught it. I had developed a large fear of frogs and eating pasta, after the accident. 

Besides that, with all the extra time in my hands, I quickly finished all of my homework for the break. My dad had made an attempt of trying to understand the concepts of all the new magic I was learning, but I could tell that he really had no clue of what anything was in the end. He couldn't even wrap his head around the simple fact of moving pictures and talking paintings.

Just to add to the fact of my lonely life, did I mention that my dad had a job as well. The bills couldn't pay them self could they. He was currently an office manager at the company Bill Tac & Co. This meant he worked about 10 hours every day, except on Fridays and Saturdays. So for hours on end, I'm given the whole house to roam around alone because father's to afraid to hire a baby sitter. I didn't mind much, I was always accompanied by the music of The Beatles and the The Sound of Music playing in the background on the record player anyways.

I took a lot of this time, reading some of the books Aunt McGonagall sends me about Magical Beasts and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Surely just random ones she had wasting away in the cottage.

Before I knew it, a month and a half had already passed and there was only a week or two before I went back to school. I knew because, one, I had a large calendar in my room marking the days down, and two, because one morning, Esther gracefully greeted me with my list of supplies by flying straight into the glass window in the kitchen. It had given dad a fright and I couldn't stop laughing. That same afternoon, Minerva had apparated to our front door step and greeted me with a warm smile.

" Minerva," My dad greeted as I lead her into the lounge room. He had stood up and folded the newspaper he had in his hand, briskly walking over to her. " It's been a while, I must say." He told her while shaking her hand.

" I believe so, and I'm sorry for that Parker. " She apologized shortly, nodding her head. It was a tad awkward and I didn't want to drag this out much longer.

" We're heading to Diagon Alley today right?" I asked with eagerness flooding my voice.

" Yes, of course," She turned down to look at me," Then we might stop somewhere else if that's ok with you." She confirmed, looking back up to meet father's eyes. He was hesitant at first but agreed anyways. That brought a large smile on my face as I took hold of her arm to edge her along. " Well, we must be on our way." She started, brushing off her robes and placing a hand on my arm.

Suddenly, I felt a large tugging pull in my stomach and I couldn't catch my breath as I felt like I was being stretched through a pipe. I tumbled a bit as we landed and it took a few seconds for me to collect my self. I wasn't completely used to apparating yet, but I was getting better with handling it. We had appeared in The Leaky Cauldron, startling a man at the table, causing him to cast a glare in our direction.   Before I could shoot him a sympathetic look, I was tugged along by my aunt.  Not long after were we already going through shop by shop, picking up books and ingredients at a very fast pace. " Aunt Minerva, why are we rushing." I had to ask, slightly out of breath.