Fifteen (Part Two) - More Than I Bargained For

Hi Everyone! You have all made this work better with every comment you have made. Thank-you!!! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say. As always, I'm happy to edit out errors when you find them.

 As always, I'm happy to edit out errors when you find them

The car's heated leather seat warmed me as he drove us off school grounds. This was seriously a sweet car. I couldn't help but wonder what kind of money his family came from to own something like this. I didn't know any students, at least that I could recall, having a brand new car at their disposal. We both sat there in silence with him driving until I couldn't stand the deafening quiet any longer. "So, where exactly are we going?"

"I thought we'd head to my place." He smirked and raised his eyebrows like he might be suggesting something more.

"Uh...what?" I wasn't sure what he was expecting, but I was not that kind of girl, even if we were promised. Engaged? Dating? Ugh, this was so messed up.

He chuckled letting the steering wheel slide through his hands after making a turn. "Relax. I'm just messing with you. I thought it might be the quietest place to talk. That's all. Mariana can whip something up to eat while we try and sort everything out."

"Mariana. Is she your mother?"

He shook his head, "No. No, she's the chef at our house."

Your chef? Seriously? Who has their own, personal cook? How much money did his family have, if they didn't even cook for themselves? He turned around another corner and pulled up to a gate and pressed a remote attached to the visor. The gate slowly opened, and then he drove us down a long driveway lined with trees on either side. When we got closer, I could see the house through the gaps in the trees. House? Calling the thing in front of us a house was a severe understatement. He pulled the car up to one of the mansion's six car garage doors and pressed the remote opening it up.

"Home, sweet home," I said with emphasis on the sweet part. Every parking spot in the garage was filled with a different expensive looking car. "Is that a Ferrari?" I asked looking at the closest car to us. "Isn't there like a huge waiting list to even buy one of those?"

"That one drives so smooth, it purrs. It was totally worth the wait like all good things are," Jax said, hinting at the three years that passed between us. "Come on, I left early this morning, and I didn't grab breakfast. Let's see what Mariana can find for us." He reached out his hand and interlaced his fingers with mine. "So, Sage told you about the fire ring."

"Yeah, I guess she did. Why didn't you just tell me about it yesterday when you saw me?"

"Clearly, you didn't remember me when I ran into you in bio class. I thought, if I introduced myself to you as your fiancé, you'd think I was crazy and just try to avoid me altogether."

"Yeah, you're probably right. It would have been an unusually strange introduction." He led me through a mud room and into the foyer where a large crystal chandelier glittered in the morning sunlight refracting and bending the light around the room. "I take it Sage wasn't making it up then. We're engaged?"