Save Me

Baby bro, this may give you nightmares. My nightmares inspired this and I get chills writing this so..... I'll pay for our therapy. :p

Colette didn't want to stay the night with Cameron because of the way he was acting, but she didn't want to leave Jackie alone with him either. She convinced herself she had to check on her family. She had an eerie feeling something was wrong with them....

Cameron said he had to leave. They made Colette feel better about leaving Jackie. She'd stay, but she needed to check on her family. Jackie understood. As soon as he left she would leave. He offered to take her home. She first declined the offer, but he argued with her until she said yes. She was weak. The whole ride there he made fun of her and Jackie for being "whimps".

" it's really f'd up, Cam. I'm going to have nightmares! You know it's too much when Jackie of all people cries." He chuckled.

"Whatever, little babies." He said in a baby voice.

"You are so annoying."

"'You are so annoying.'" He mimicked. When he dropped her off, she watched him drive like a complete moron, up the street. He was worse than Killian! That was saying a lot.

When she walked into her house, she put her hand to her nose and squinted her eyes. It smelled so disgusting in her house. Like a butcher shop but worse. The lights were on full intensity. It was way too bright. When she went to dim the lights she got shocked. "Where the hell have you been?!" She jumped and have a yelp, but sighed in relief when she realized it was just her dad. He wasn't as angry as he has been, but he certainly was more intoxicated. At least it had looked like he wasn't angry...

"I went to Jackie's." She said, hanging her hobo bag on a nearby chair and fluffing the kinks out of her hair. She looked in the mirror. Everything looked fine still, not that it mattered, because she was in for the night. She also checked to make sure everything behind her was normal.

"Why didn't you tell anyone? We were worried! That was stupid, sneaking out, you know?" Urg, insert drunk lecture she would pretend to listen and care about here!!!

"I'm sorry?" She could really care less with the way everyone was acting. She was surprised they even noticed she was gone! "I left a note." He started yelling at her. He was fuming mad. It was the worst it has ever gotten. Colette got fed up and called the one person she knew would understand and would make all her problems go away.

Killian was relaxing in his recliner, when Joe, his black lab, started pacing around the room and pawed at the door, whimpering and growling. Something was wrong. His phone rang. He jumped and saw it was just his sister. He looked around to make sure no one saw him jump. Not like anyone could anyway. He lived alone.

"Cosette! What's up?"

"Can you pick me up?" Dad was probably mad at her and she was probably on her period. He didn't really want to deal with her if that was the case. "Dad's being an ass. Overkill." She screamed. "Oh God! Killian! He killed-"

The phone fell out of her hand. She found the source of the awful smell. Her body hit the floor and Bill stood over her body, not being able to control the monster in his body and mind. He heard her sobs. She tried to make them quiet, to make him think she was knocked out or dead. But not even her being dead would prevent more of this. The increase in his senses from the virus, told him she was very conscious still. His sister picked her up with both hands, but lifted Colette off of her feet and into the air. "Please!" Colette begged. "Leave me alone!"

But it was too late. The virus was already in everyone. Except for Bill's father, who was currently on the floor, dead. Bill shot him, when he had attached his mom. But it was too late. The virus has been passed onto her as well. The girls were pushing Colette back and forth taunting her. He could either turn her, make a meal of her or put her out of her misery. It was already too late for that also. His sister tore into her like nothing. They finished hey off and made a snack of her. It was a disgusting sight, but a great taste.

"Killian is on his way. Leave the rest of them. We'll find food elsewhere." They looked at him, with Colette's and his father's insides dripping from their mouths. But they listened and left before Killian got to the house.

Cameron watched from the window, mouth agape, eyes wide in horror. He only came back to return her iPod. He took video. He never should have let her leave. They all should have stuck with the original plan and stayed at Jackie's.

It was real.

It was all real.

Zombies were real.

It was the end of humanity.

He knew he was next. He hid as they left the house and wandered elsewhere. They were too focused on escaping to notice the new meat. For that he was thankful. There was a God. A shitty one, to let this happen, but one that decided to spare him.

He wanted to go in and check the aftermath, but he was terrified. What if she was one of them? What if she was dead? Her parts were splattered everywhere. It wasn't possible to survive that, was it? Instead he went to Jackie's to tell her what happened. She didn't believe him until he showed her the video. Then they went back to Colette's.