Chapter 14: Apologies

"I am sorry, did you just say girlfriend?" I stutter.

"Yes." Juliet  says walking over and putting her arm around Nate.

I feel like my heart has just been ripped out of my chest. Nate looks down at Juliet and gives a small smile. He then looks up to me and looks at me with pity. I know that I can not let this bother me right now. I can talk to Nate after dinner and sort it out then. For right now I need to behave.

"Oh, well it is nice to meet you." I say with a smile.

"Dinner seems to be ready, shall we eat?" Lily says gesturing to the table.

***Skip to After Dinner***

"Are you ready to explain yourself Celia?" Chuck asks me.

"Yes." I say walking into one of the bedrooms, Chuck following close behind me.

"So, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"I am so sorry about what happened."

"And?"

"I have given up on ruining peoples lives."

"For good?"

"For good."

"Have you told Lily about what happened with George?" I ask.

"No, and I didn't plan on it. I suggest that you do."

"Do you forgive me, Chuck?"

"Yes, but I am not the one you should be begging for forgiveness Celia. You hurt a lot of people with your reign of terror."

"I plan on fixing all of it."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I hear the door open and see Blair pop into the doorway.

"Chuck we need to get going." She says and Chuck walks over to her.

"It was nice seeing you Celia." Chuck says and leaves the room.

I walk over to the bed and sit down. I pull out my phone and check the latest notification.

Gossip Girl: Seems that Miss Celia is back in town but, is it for good?

Great, now everyone knows that I am back. I look up to see that Serena has entered the bedroom. She closes the door behind her and sits down next to me on the bed.

"So how was Paris, Celia?" Serena asks.

"It was good."

"So when will you be heading back there?" She asks.

"I actually think that I might stick around for a little bit."

"Oh."

"Serena," I turn to face her. "I want to apologize for everything that I have done to you over the past couple of years. After George and the Senator, I fell apart."

"It is okay Celia."

"I want to apologize too." Serena says.

"I know you overheard me on the phone two years ago. I don't know what I was thinking and I am sorry too." She says.

Serena and I sit there for a while catching up on the last couple of years. We could have sat there for ours but, we were interrupted by a face I was not too happy to see.

"Can we talk?" Nate asks.

"Where is Juliet?" I ask, standing up.

"She had to leave."

"Oh."

"Look, do you want me to explain myself, or not?"

"Fine."

"I will leave you two alone." Serena says leaving.

"Why did you kiss me Nate?"

"Celia, I have been in love with you for as long as I can remember." Nate says pulling out something from his pocket. "So after you confessed your feelings I couldn't help but kiss you."

"That doesn't change the fact that you have a girlfriend." I say, taking a step away from him.

"She dumped me." He says.

"Nate, I am so sorry."

"It's alright I am actually kind of happy about it. Now, I can give you this." Nate reveals a diamond bracelet from his hand and immediately wraps it around my wrist.

"Nate, I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to." He says pulling me into a kiss.

***12 Hours Later***

I wake up to find that I am
in Nate's apartment, lying in his bed. I look over to find no Nate, but a diamond bracelet wrapped around my wrist. I get out of the bed and put on my clothes. I walk into the kitchen to find no Nate and a note on the counter. It read Work emergency, had to leave. You were amazing last night.

I smile to myself and head back into the bedroom to put on my shoes when I hear my phone buzz in my purse.

I check my phone to see a message from Lily, Where are you?

I text back Don't worry, I will be there soon.

I finish putting on my shoes and grab my purse and I head out the door.

When I make it back to Lily's she is sitting on the couch talking to Dan.

"Good morning Celia." Lily says standing up and walking over to me.

"Good morning." I say.

Lily looks down at my wrist. "Wow, that bracelet is truly amazing, who gave it to you?"

I pause. I still hadn't told Dan about Nate and I, and I didn't plan on it.

"I thought that Nate was going to give it to Juliet last night?" Dan asks walking over to Lily and I.

"He was going to, but decided not to because they broke up and everything. So he gave it to me as a homecoming present." I say.

"Wait, he told you that they broke up?" Dan asks.

"Yeah, didn't they?"

Dan pulls out his phone and shows me the latest post from Gossip Girl.

Gossip Girl: Spotted- N kissing Juliet, seems like Little C's return to the Upper East Side hasn't stopped these to love birds. -Photo Attachment-

I quickly take off the bracelet throw it to the ground.

Love sucks.

<Thank you all so much for reading! I hope that all of you are having a wonderful holiday season. Make sure to like and comment if you would like me to continue ❤️>