26

"Yes," I say. "Good morning to you all."
Tony, Bruce, Clint, and Natasha gather around the breakfast table in the kitchen, telling their stories.
"My dear brother, would you mind telling me what this is all about?" I ask Tony.
Tony keeps his over his mouth, trying to keep it shut. Natasha looks like she is about to burst with happiness, her face red and her constant movement.
"You should've taken the call," Bruce whispers to Tony.
"I can't!" Tony bursts. "This is the best thing that has happened in months!"
"I know, right?" Natasha exclaims.
The room is filled with Tony and Natasha's squeals over how "cute" Steve and I are together.
"Everyone please," Steve shouts. "It's not like th-"
"Admit it, Rogers," Natasha says. "You like Tori."
Steve's face flushes red. "I-I'll admit it to her before I do to any of you!"
"Aww," the four sing.
"Enough!" I snap. "Can we all just live with the fact that yesterday day was an unusual day and continue our normal lives?"
"No, it's not normal anymore," Tony says. "Soon you two will be-"
"That's going to go way too far, Tony," Bruce says.
"Oh yeah, you're probably right." Tony laughs.
"Let's go," Steve whispers to me, squeezing my hand reassuringly.
     "Yeah," I respond. "Let's go."
     We walk hand in hand back to my bedroom. I close and lock the door behind me. I sigh and slide my back against the door. Steve stands next to me, unsure of what to do.
     "What should we do?" he asks.
     "I'm going to that base today." I state.
     "Wait, what?"
     "And I'm offering everyone else to go because of our little issue."
     "O-Okay, I'll change." he says. "Into our suits?"
     "Yeah, that is if everyone's going."
     "Let's ask."
     We walk back out into the kitchen, full of the laughing Avengers.
     "We are going to the H.Y.D.R.A. base," I spit. "Anyone coming with us?"
     "Me," Tony says.
     "Us," Natasha says, pointing to Clint.
     "I'll help from above ground." Bruce says.
     "Then get in your suits and let's go."

•••

     "Watch your step," Steve tells me.
     The Avengers walk through the sewers, avoiding puddles. Steve leads us in his Captain America suit, then I walk behind him, then Tony, Natasha, and Clint. Bruce navigates through our earpieces, telling us which way to turn by examining the flash drive's information. The sewers is filled with the echoing of Tony's suit.
     "Stop," Bruce commands. "The door to your left."
     Everyone looks at the door to the left of the wall of the sewers in front of us. Steve sprints to it and kicks the door open. He makes sure that the entrance is clear of agents and signals for us to walk in. We walk down the small hallway until it branches off into two separate hallways.
     "Tony and Natasha to the right, Tori and Clint to the left with me." Steve commands.
     We branch off into the dark hallways, checking for any H.Y.D.R.A. agents along the way. The first agent we see is when we do the first turn down our hallway. Steve easily throws his shield and knocks the agent unconscious. After many more turns down the hallway and one or two agents, we reach the center. Or so we thought.
     It is huge, a large square of a room with high ceilings and dozens of agents moving around equipment and dodging the construction. I see Tony and Natasha come from another hallway that comes into the same room.
     We all begin our attack. I rush around shooting agents with my handguns, Natasha does her "stuff", Clint shoots agents with his bow, Tony flies around and blasts construction, and Steve throws his shield and uses hand to hand combat. It is a little bit hard, but not much.
     "Guys," Steve says in our earpieces. "I found something. Go on without me for a bit. Let me know if you need help."
     I am about to say something, but Steve won't change his plans. I curse under my breath and follow the others into another corridor. We run for a few minutes until we reach the next split.
     "Natasha and Tony to the right, Clint with me to the left." I say.
     We split off for the second time and come across a few agents. That's when we hit the jackpot - the hub of the H.Y.D.R.A. base. Once again, the now four of us meet again in the center of the room. The room is ginormous. The last room was probably a quarter of this place.
     "Steve, where are you?" I ask, scanning the hundreds of agents and construction.
     No answer.
     "Steve?"