28

Steve does something that I never would have expected. He kisses me back. He cups my face in his hands and passionately continues the kiss. It feels like the world around us stops. Nothing else matters. There is no sound loud enough to hear in my ears except my beating heart. His lips are soft, sweet, and full of love.
This is how I imagined my first kiss as a child, a man as kind and loving as Steve smooching me. And that came true, just not the setting. The faint sound of the fighting begins to fill my ears. The smell of sweat and wood filling the air - an odd combination. The cold concrete seeps through my shoes, making my body cold. However, Steve's warm lips spread heat throughout my entire body.
I begin to feel a weird sensation flow through my body, a tingling feeling. It starts at my lips and then spreads. But I'm not complaining.
Our chests clash, almost standing on top of each other. It feels like a million years until we separate because of the need for air.
"T-Tori!" he pants, wrapping his arms around me.
I bury myself into his embrace and not letting go. Once I hear the leg of Tony's suit move, I rush to my brother's side.
"Tony?" I shout. "Tony, are you okay?"
The mask goes down, revealing his bruised and bleeding face. I cover my mouth with my hand, trying to hide my quivering lip.
"I knew that you love him," Tony weakly laughs. "I've dreaded this day for years, when you finally grow up."
"T-Tony," I say. "I need to get help."
"Already got it," Steve sighs.
"Go down the hallway and help Natasha and Clint." I say. "I'll stay here with Tony."
"Okay," Steve says. "Be careful."
"You too."
Steve leaves the room, scooping up his shield that was laying on the concrete floor. Tony and I are in the room alone, just us.
"So, is he a good kisser?" Tony asks.
I laugh, concealing the tear above my cheekbone. "Yes."
"Good," Tony laughs. "He's a good kid. I'm happy that you got a good one."
"Say that in five years," I mumble.
"You'll have kids by then."
"Ew, gross!" I exclaim. "Now, take off the suit so I can see if you were hurt any worse."
Tony sighs and presses a button, making the suit come off and stand next to us. Tony lays there in jeans and a black t-shirt, his arc reactor glowing through the shirt. I scan his arms and legs, which are clear. His face is a different story. Yes, he is going to be sore tomorrow because of his arms and legs, but his face...
I hear pairs of footsteps come from where I came in. I aim my gun and almost shoot, but I see that it is only a S.H.I.E.L.D. medical team. They rush to Tony's aid and add bandages to his face. They tell me that he will be okay and send me off the battle. I reluctantly go, but I'm thankful that I did.
The room is chaotic. H.Y.D.R.A. agents are sprawled on the floor and the Avengers attack the rest and avoid the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. I pounce on a few agents, but most of them were taken care of by Clint and Natasha. As I am taking down a particularly stubborn agent, I hear Tony come in with his suit on. I shouldn't have looked at him because I am punched in the face and I am scratched on my forehead. After I take down that stupid agent, Tony blasts the last one then lands next to the four of us.
"It's all over," Natasha says.
"No," I respond. "It's only the beginning."