The Other's Deception.

The title of this chapter says it all.

          I landed hard on my butt, a gasp escaping as my elbows scraped the hard, rocky surface. I glanced around me, but couldn't make out much, except for rocks. The sky was dark, darker than Earth's at night with only stars to illuminate the sky, but even then, it was dark. My stomach dropped, and I found myself gasping for air. This wasn't Earth.

         It was the same place from my nightmare.

        I scooted backwards carefully and winced as I did so. I stopped once my back hit a boulder. My heart beat quickened. Would the same thing happen here as it did in my dream? I shuddered at the thought. It can't happen, because if it were to be true, then Loki would've been by my side. Suddenly, I was grateful that Loki wasn't with me. Who knows what would've happened with him here. Our nightmare could've come true.

         A dark, menacing chuckle broke the ice. "Do not fret, Mortal. No harm will come to you if you listen and obey."

       "Who are you?" I asked, staring straight towards the direction I heard the voice from. Where was it? Who was it? Why did it bring me here?

      "I take it, that he has told you nothing." The deep, raspy voice replied. I glanced around, trying to find the creature behind the voice. Surely it couldn't be human...but the cop was. The cop must've been a decoy; a disguise. Just like Vanessa was. I'm guessing by 'he', it means Loki and it is right, Loki's told me nothing. 

       It stepped out from behind a huge boulder, revealing himself in the dim light. My eyes widened in fright. His skin was a pale blue, reminding me slightly of the color of Loki's skin when in his frost giant form. But I knew the creature standing before me was no frost giant. His face was rigid, framed by gold structures and the area where his eyes would be was covered by some sort of fabric. My eyes moved down to his hands and I gasped. He had two thumbs on each hand.

      "What are you?" I asked, my voice quivering despite my protest.

      "I did not bring you here for you to question me."

      "Then, why did you bring me here at all?" I snapped, surprised that I had gone from terrified to frustrated in a few moments. I was still scared, but I wasn't going to let it show. My demonstration of fear would only to go his advantage. What I would let show was my frustration and anger. I didn't understand any of this. All I knew was that I was here because of Loki.

        "To tell you the truth." He simply replied.

      Truth? What truth? Was he referring to Loki? I know of his past, his story, and his frost giant side. What other truth is there to him? Wait a minute...

      "Why would I even believe you?"

      He made an impatient noise, almost like a growl. His eyes didn't need to show in order for me to know that he was glaring daggers at me. How does he expect me to believe him, when he doesn't even bother to tell me who or what he is? Besides, from what Loki has said about him, he is to not be trusted. I opened my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it.