III. Mega Man

I opened my eyes quickly, immediately beginning to struggle around in hopes of getting away. I looked around, hyperventilating, seeing that I was trapped in a lab that obviously belonged to Dr. Wily. There were all sorts of weird, rip-off creations from my dad everywhere, and blueprints shuffled around a table. As I looked at them, one fell onto the floor, like a leaf falling from a dying tree, shaking in the wind. I felt as helpless as it.

We were in Dr. Wily's dangerous, deadly castle, full of hidden traps and worries of never getting out alive.

I was on a flat table, strapped by metal bars on my arms and by my feet, stranded as if I were about to be reprogrammed or upgraded. I looked around for the guy I had been trying to capture, and he was in the same position I was in, though he was asleep and on a table that was upright. His face was expressionless; probably because he was asleep. Or unconscious. Technically, wouldn't it be both? Worse than him looking dead, there were tubes sticking out of his head. No, he definitely wasn't a robot; he was a powerful living being!

The tubes seemed to be sucking something from him, and I didn't think it was his brain. Or I at least hoped. That would be of no use to Wily. Something that looked like a liquid was travelling through it, as clear as a diamond. It occasionally switched colors, shades of blue, yellow, red and purple coursing through them. The creature had told me before that it was possible he had probably been summoned... was Dr. Wily the one who summoned him? Just to steal all of his energy? That would be just terrible!

I tried to call Dr. Light using my communicator, but it wouldn't go through. Not even static grumbled along it. I hoped it was just something in the castle that was keeping me from speaking to him and not something that Dr. Wily had done to change me permanently.

I shook my head. I had to get us out of there and stop worrying about things. What abilities had I stored recently? There was always Gut Man, Ice Man, Elec Man, Bomb Man, Quake Woman's drill and Flame Man. Bombs would be the opposite of helpful unless I was trying to blow myself to bits. With Flame Man's power, I could possibly melt the bars... Ice Man and Elec man were useless. The drill wouldn't do anything since I could barely bend my hand. Though I had my slight doubts, I turned myself into Gut Man, and pulled with all my strength that remained, and watched as the constraints slowly began to stretch and pull apart.

Even though I only used the weapon for myself, all uses for it would disappear once it had finished the job.

With a loud noise, they all popped off, and fell to the ground. I rubbed my sore wrists and ankles. It was as if they had been squeezed to death for hours. Then, I gasped as sudden alarms sounded. I was running out of time with every second that passed.

As fast as I could, I ran to the creature, but I couldn't pull the bars off with Gut Man. No matter how hard I tried, they wouldn't come off. I was probably out of uses, but I still didn't know if it was because I had run out of strength with him or if they were too tightly screwed on. It felt as if they had been bolted in and glued with superglue and then something. With no other obvious choice, I resorted to using Flame Man's abilities, fire coursing through to the steel. Very slowly, it began to melt, but that was only one. I had to get three more apart before I could get out. I wasn't going to let him be sucked of his life until he was dead. Every time the steel melted, I accidentally burned through to the being's skin. I tried to rub off any of the scorching steel that stuck to him, but there was nothing I could do to heal the burns faster or anything.

As quickly as I could, I freed him of the last constraints, then caught him as he fell from his position. The tubes had deactivated on their own as soon as he had been released, so we were free to go. I turned back into my normal, Mega Man form and looked for a way out, the creature on my shoulder; I was careful to use the arm that didn't have the Mega Blaster on it to keep him steady and have my gun ready at all times.