Chapter 11: what are friends there for?

This chapter is dedicated to Kumia_102 for saying the exact same thing as to what the chapter is called

We all took our respective tables at the hotel for the reception. I had a piece of chocolate wedding cake right in front of me as my dessert and I still didn't, surprisingly touch it. He was sitting next to me looking at my face. It hurt. Very badly...

I finished eating and excused myself from the table and went into the restroom. I could feel his eyes boring holes in my back. I opened the restroom door made my way in and made sure no one was inside and silently cried. All the pain that he gave me slowly made its way to my eyes and I was crying, crying like there was no tomorrow. I sobbed finally, sniffing and looked at my face in the mirror. My eyes were red and swollen they made me look even ugly. I wanted to run away. Run away from him and this life. I washed my face and I looked a lot better. I ignored everyone around me and I dashed out of the hotel, to the car park.

I managed to stop running. I rest myself against a car. I wanted to run again. It had become night already. The sky was dark and the breeze was chilled, softly brushing my cheeks. I felt an arm slip around my waist and I didn't hesitate to look who it was and I just brought my hand down on his face, hard. I strained my eyes to look at who it was and shit...It was him. My husband. Keith! 'Oh my god!', I exclaimed. 'I didn't mean to. I thought it was someone else. I'm sorr-' I couldn't finish my sentence as his lips crashed onto mine. His body slammed my fragile frame onto god knows whose car. His hand ran all over my body and I clinged onto his neck, running my hands slowly through his hair. Oh god it was soft. I pulled his hair hard and he groaned against my lips. I kissed him back, like as if my life depended on this kiss. I needed him. His tongue slowly parted my lips and his chest crushed mine. A soft moan escaped my lips involuntarily and he withdrew immediately. He took a few steps back and turned around. I took that time to recollect myself. He ran his hands through his hair. He turned around and his expression was much darker than before. He came close to my face and whispered, 'Slut'. I gasped in shock and recoiled from him. Like he stabbed me in the heart a hundred and one times. Before I could tell him that it was he who kisses me he slapped me hard across my face. Oh he just took revenge. My cheeks reddened and stung like a bitch.

I couldn't say a thing. I felt the tears teach my eyes in no time. I was a fool. A fool to enjoy the kiss. A fool to believe it. A fool to hope. Without as much a glance back at the angry man standing right behind me I walked away from him. I heard call after me, 'hey, come back, or...' I couldn't. I couldn't go back. I simply called a taxi and got in and saw him running towards me. I told the can driver to drive as fast as he could and he did. I took out my phone from my purse and called the only person that I knew and knew me more than myself. A person who wouldn't mind giving me some living space. 'Hey Lily.' I heard her sigh on the other side and she asked, 'More advice?' I said no and then I said, 'I need a place to crash for a couple of weeks'. I could sense the concern in her voice when she asked what happened. I just said, 'please, I'll tell you soon, can I crash at your place?'

'Is that a question? What are bestfriends there for?' I smiled.