FOURTEEN; BOY WHO CRIED WOLF

GOAL: 20 COMMENTS

(E) FOURTEEN; BOY WHO CRIED WOLF (S2E13)

_____

Estella sighed. Her and Elena hadn't been able to save Rose. It had been too late, and because the cure for a werewolf bite was something Estella would rather not deal with, Rose had to die. Estella should have felt guilty, but Rose was just some vampire that her brother had a fling with; nothing more.

Estella's phone beeped, then again, and then again. The blonde groaned as she reached for the device on her nightstand. She noticed the three messages from Caroline. Estella scanned the message, again groaning when she discovered that Tyler had found out about Mason. Estella quickly replied with, "Do something!" then shut the phone off. Estella stared up at the ceiling for a moment before she climbed out of bed and into the shower.

She let the water cascade down her blond hair and back. She inhaled the steam, rubbing her hands over her face. The whole Rose dilemma had really caused her a ton of stress. The good, kind side of her wanted to spill the beans on a cure for a werewolf bite. Yet, the bad side (the one that really drove Estella's moral compass) forced her to swallow the guilt and move on. Rose was just a vampire, she repeated to herself.

Once she was done, Estella walked out of her bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body. She grabbed the remote on her bed and turned the on television, only to have Mayor Lockwood's face on the screen.

"Due to the recent tragedies that have plagued our town, we will be holding a memorial in town square today to honor all those we have lost. Join us in hopes that as a community, we can begin to heal," Mayor Lockwood spoke. Estella rolled her eyes and clicked off the television.

"Recent tragedies? More like recent blessings," Estella muttered under her breath. She went down the stairs and walked into the kitchen, spotting Damon sitting on the couch drinking some form of alcohol in a glass. Estella stopped as she looked at him.

"You look miserable," Estella noted, crossing her arms over her chest. She tilted her head to the side, observing her older brother with a frown.

"Thanks," Damon replied sarcastically, sipping his drink. He ignored his sister's scalding eyes.

Estella shrugged. "Damon, she was one lousy vampire."

"I know," snapped Damon irritably. "We come and go."

"Right. Which means now you can move on and stop day drinking." Estella took the glass out of her older brother's hands. Damon scowled at her.

"I always day drink. Nothing stopping me there, sister."

"Consider this your wake-up call then."

Damon glared at his sister again before she smirked and walked away. Taking a drink of the bourbon she stole from her brother, the blond walked outside to the garden.

Estella, jokes aside, cared for her brothers. She hated seeing Damon drink himself to almost death, and she hated seeing her younger brother so beat up over every minimal thing as if it was his fault. Estella knew her brothers needed a vacation from Mystic Falls. But, she also knew that they were Salvatores and were willing to sacrifice anything and everything for the single person that keeps them in the small, quaint town: Elena Gilbert.

That was likely the reason Estella hated Elena the most. She kept her brothers tethered to Mystic Falls. Elena was the sole purpose as to why Damon hadn't up and left, and why Stefan hadn't quit the whole "highschooler" act and fly to Spain. Elena was keeping them here for certain disaster, and Estella knew it.