39

"I'm neither painful nor lonely, happiness is all self-talk. I can't stand something more complicated..."

~Blue-BigBang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He barely slept. When he would fall asleep, he would dream about Appa again, about that doctor dragging him away. Only reason he slept at all was because eventually, he dreamt about something else, about something he liked--Hana. He dreamt about Hana painting words across a large white canvas in blue lettering. The words were vague, words like, Glass, Cards, Space, Connect, Butterfly. He wasn't sure what any of that meant even after he woke up. It sounded like random words, but for some reason, they seemed to mean a lot.

"TAEHYUNG!" Jimin yelled, running around the corner and leaping from the doorway to Taehyung's bed, landing on top of Taehyung and knocking the breath out of him. "Your tutor is here, and you're sleeping in?"

He hadn't planned that. He wasn't really sleeping anyway.

"Oh, did you need a minute, Taehyung?"

Taehyung looked up to find Jin looking around the corner of the doorway, wearing black dress pants, a white shirt and a red sweater-vest outlined with white and black, reading glasses on the edge of his nose, and mouth full of powdered doughnut judging from the powder still on his lips.

Why couldn't everyone come in after they were sure I was awake? "Yeah. Just a minute."

Jin smiled, "Okay, I'll be waiting downstairs." Then he went back around the corner and Taehyung heard him walk back down the hall.

But Jimin stayed where he was. "Taehyung, If you're depressed. if that's why you've been hiding in your bed all day, I'm your brother, you can tell me that kind of sh*t, I wouldn't mind."

Taehyung shook his head, "I'm fine." He lied. That's all it was, a lie, he'd been thinking over it too much to be fine.

Jimin frowned, getting off Taehyung before taking off his snapback to run a hand through his hair, looking at the ceiling for a moment. "Yeah..." He didn't continue, though it sounded like he wanted to.

Jimin left the room without another word, and Taehyung got the feeling he said something wrong. Jimin can probably tell, he'd seen it enough, he'd be able to tell when someone was lying about how they felt.

~~~

After getting dressed, in a simple white tee-shirt and jeans, he headed downstairs where Jin was sitting on the light blue couch while Jimin sat in the recliner.

When Jin heard Taehyung coming down, he turned and smiled and patted the seat on the couch next to him. Taehyung walked around the couch and sat, Marshmallow bounding up and leaping onto his lap not long after he did so.

"So, you might have been mislead." Jin started, clearing his throat, and looking from Taehyung to Jimin. "You see, I'm a spy."

Jin sat absolutely straight faced, Jimin raised an eyebrow. Taehyung just started petting Marshmallow.

Jin grinned. "That was a joke, you could have laughed." he pouted, upset that no one got the joke. "But really, you've been mislead, I'm not here to tutor anyone, Mrs. Park asked me to watch you."

Jimin groaned and threw his head back. "So babysit? You're going to babysit us? Really? Mom asked you to do this?"

Jin nodded. "Yup. Kinda last minute, but she said it was urgent. And also to not open the door for anyone and to screen calls but not answer them. I don't really know why she asked, but eh, I owe her a few favors."