Mass Destruction

When Killian got into town it looked worse than a warzone. It hit so fast... Whatever "it" was. The other towns on the way here looked normal, but as soon as he hit his hometown, everything changed. Buildings burned, people all around were limping and screaming and yelling with chunks of flesh hanging off of them. Anytime he had tried helping them someone tried attacking them. He gave up on playing hero and focused on getting to his family.

Killian thought what he saw before reaching his destination was bad, the inside of his grandparents house was far worse. "Colette?" He called. "Dad?" No response. "Gram? Gramps?" No one. He found out why there was no answer. He found gramps and Colette on the living room floor. Dead. With their insides ripped out. "Oh God." He gagged, putting his hand to his mouth. This wasn't war. This was a whole new bloodshed. The people on the floor weren't random strangers, they were his family. His real family. Whoever did this was guaranteed the most brutal, painful and slow death. Who did this? Where was everyone else? He grabbed a gun from his dad's cabinet.

"Oh my God! Cameron!" A girl's voice rang out. He jumped the stairs and lifted the gun, ready to shoot. A Mexican woman clung to an intimidating beefy looking man. Tears ran down the girl's face. Both of their bodies shook from anger and fear. The man was trying to keep a strong image for the girl but Killian could tell he wanted to break also. The girl looked familiar but no one could be trusted right now.

"Who are you." Killian demanded. "I will kill you if I have to." The girl cried more and begged him not to. She knew his name. The boy raised his hands up in front of him and took a step forward.

"Cool it. I'm Cameron, this is Jackie. We.... were friends with Colette." Jackie.

"Jackie Bennet?" She nodded. He lowered the gun. They were friends with his sister...unless there was an argument. He raised the gun again. Did they do this? "Why are you here?" Cameron explained what happened. "Zombies don't exist, kid."

"How else do you explain this?! I saw everything!" It would explain why everything was so weird.

"How come you're still alive?"

"They didn't see me."

"Where's my family?"

"Dead. Well, undead."

"Bullshit." Killian said through gritted teeth. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't gank you right now." The kid played with his phone and showed them a video.

The Greene family now consisted of zombies, vics and now warriors that would put an end to this strange epidemic. Killian would now have to kill the remaining members of their family. "What should we do?" Jackie asked.

"Man up or die trying. Or kill yourself before you turn into one of them."

"I don't want to die." She squeaked.

"Tough shit." He wasn't always this mean. Jackie was shocked to see him so rude, but she understood. "Grab a gun and gank 'em or die." Jackie was going to fight and she had a plan. They took the rest of the weapons and left. Before leaving Killian left a note.

If you're wondering what happened, Zombies is the only "logical" answer I have found so far. My name? Killian Greene. Local war Veteran. The war is irrelevant right now. Whoever finds this note-hopefully you're human. Get the fuck out of here. Find a cure or kill yourself to save yourself, or get bit and become part of the epidemic and problem. Just know that if I see you walking around like one of these freaks I'll shoot you first shot I get.

The plan was to make a tree fort, because zombies can't climb as far as everyone knew. They would reel the ladder up, just in case. Killian would inform his military buddies and the President. The world had to know.

Unfortunately their plan didn't work. They were laughed at and immediately thrown into prison for murder. The brains of the victims were still in tact, it couldn't be zombies. The theory was drugs and P.T.S.D everyone in the group was clean.

Who knew how long they were in there? They would die in here. They should have killed themselves at the start. It would help the world a lot more. Less wasted space. Eventually the prison got attacked but the 'Bies never checked the human cages.

Jackie started complaining about being hungry. They were all hungry. But Jackie wouldn't stop. "Shut up, Jackie. They'll hear us." Cameron snapped. It was the first time Killian had seen them argue this entire time. There were close calls but nothing like this.

"STFU!" Did she seriously speak in an acronym? Had this been any other scenario Killian would tease her for it. Now didn't seem appropriate. Pissed off Mexican girls were scary. "We should have let Killian kill us." She kept moaning.

"Someone's here!" Someone shouted from the other side of the big door.

"Jackie." The boys hissed. Now they were done for. Not like it mattered anyway. They were better off dead. The door busted open. Instead of 'Bies, Soldiers came through.

"Fuck yeah!" Killian cheered, standing up.

"Make sure they're clean." Everyone in the building got let out and got cut with a knife to make sure they bled red instead of a gross green goo. After everyone's results came out as human, they were fed real food and were watched closely to make sure there were now anger impulses.

"You can't be too careful." The leader of the group said. Cameron nodded, not knowing what was going on, but letting his fear guide him.

"We have to act normal, guys. Remember how Colette said her family was acting before they killed her?" The boys flinched at Jackie's words. "We need to act calm." Easier said than done. But they had to do what they had to, to survive.

A/N
How'd you like that?! Bet you thought Cam would snap. Nope he's a good boy... For now. ;) Sorry I've been slow at posting this. I've been sick and technology hates me. The next chapter is in the process of being written. I have no idea how to make badass zombie sequences so we'll see how well this comes along. It was SUPPOSED to end with Killian pulling up to the driveway. A good cliffhanger ending, but I was told I need to make more to the story and show what happens after. :p