Chapter 21: Slytherin Strikes Back

Rose took a deep breath before walking into the common room. As she suspected Hermione, Ron, Harry and Neville where all sitting near the fire and whispering intently. When they saw Rose they all jumped up to greet her.

Rose walked over to her place next to Neville. She waved her hand at them. Ron seemed to understand first.

"What the bloody hell was that all about Rose? Why where you talking to that ferret? What's going on?" Ron said with concern. Every one looked at her expectantly. Rose sighed.

"Use the book." Hermione said softly.

Rose leaned on Neville and started to write in her book. Neville leaned over her shoulder and read out loud.

So, I wasn't exactly social as a child. Kind of like how Harry didn't get out much. Well, Sev is friends with Draco's mom so, Draco was my old friend, for all those years. So I talked to him. We are still friends, regardless of house, regardless of you guys or his friends. So ya.

Oh and he's still and arse. He won't stop now or ever I think. So he'll still be an arse to us, but, I just needed to know I still had my friend. Sorry I didn't tell you guys before.

Also Hermione, this book is really helpful. Thank you.

Neville finished reading my note and Rose shrugged. No body said anything. Then Hermione said something.

"Well I don't think we should make a big deal about it, this is Roses business so we shouldn't pry." Rose smiled at her gratefully. Slowly they all went to bed until only Neville and Rose where left. Rose was absently stoking the fire.

"Well then Rose," Neville said waking up from his stupor to head up into his dorm. "Are you going to go to bed anytime soon?" Rose shook her head no and motioned him to go to bed. He mumbled his goodnight and she waved back.

Rose sat next to the fire for a while lost in her thoughts of school and friends and Draco and Sev and how awful it was sometimes to not have a voice. She soon drifted off to sleep curled in a ball next to the fire.

When she woke up she didn't fall down into her bed like normal. She looked around the green room she was in and sat up with a shock. Making her head spin. When it cleared she could see another person was sitting cross legged in the bed.

Pansy looked at Rose expectantly. She reminded Rose of a mouse, but she wasn't ugly. But what the hell she was doing In Pansy's dorm she had to find out.

"Sorry I had to take you away for a little bit, I know it's late and all, but I need your help. We're friends right? I can trust you right?" Was all she said. All I could do was stare.