•15•

Meeting the patrols Lyla led them to the spot where the scent was most prominent. Stopping just inside the border Lyla closed her eyes. Tyler looked at his mate in awe. With the moonlight shining down on them Lyla's hair seemed to glow slightly. Lyla raised her hand to the sky pointing and her arm took on the same glow.

"That direction a few miles up. Karin and the witches are getting closer." Lyla stepped back into Tyler's chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the back of her head.

"You are so beautiful. Your body glows with the moon beams." Tyler tightened his arms. "I promise when this over we will go away for awhile, just the two of us."

Lyla turned in his embrace, "If we are together that's all I need." She tipped her head back for a kiss.

"Luna! There's movement up ahead." One of the patrols was up in a tree scouting the area. "I see at least five rogues just waiting. They keep looking behind them like they're waiting for someone."

Dad, they are close. Is everyone ready?

Yes son, the women and children are safely hidden and all available pack members are spread out along the borders to watch from every angle. Myself and the most skilled are almost to you.

Lyla, Adam is almost here along with Moonshine pack. Alpha Grey and his pack are just minutes out and Luna Stella is bringing her coven and she said to tell you, 'tutus iris tu et domus too'

Lyla smiled and answered, thank you Alpha.

You understood the message?

Yes, the coven must have worked up a protection spell. It says my family and I are protected.

Tyler released Lyla and starred, "You never cease to amaze me. You are a very diverse and incredible woman. When did you have time to learn another language?"

"I had a lot of free time since I only left my room for school or to try and make a few dollars helping out with small chores or something." Lyla shrugged like it's no big deal. "I read a lot and learned different languages plus different cultures and regions. Plus Stella gave me a brief rundown on latin and several spells."

"You are one surprise after another." Tyler pecked her head.

"I have other things to tell you about me but it will have to wait." Lyla turned her attention back to the intruders.

Within minutes the majority of the pack joined them. Alpha Drew shifted behind a tree then motioned all members to also shift. "Lyla you position the fighters along the area you think they will appear, Tyler make sure there are no holes in the lines, stagger the second line behind the front so no one can get through. I will stay in contact with the other packs and coordinate accordingly." Drew shifted again and took off.

Lyla did as told and positioned some at the spot she got the strongest scents. Tyler had the lines covered then pulled Lyla against him. "Remember to stay by me. I would be really distracted if I didn't know where you were or if you were safe."

Lyla kissed his lips. "I will try but you know as well as I that you can't predict what will happen. If we do get separated just have faith things will work out. Please take care of yourself and I will do the same. Plus Stella is close and the coven will offer assistance."

Tyler looked into Lylas eyes, "You know you are even more beautiful in the moonlight. The moon makes your skin shine and your hair glow."

"Actually that's something I need to talk to you about." Lyla looked at the ground. Tyler raised her chin so they locked gazes. "You can tell me anything. I will love you know matter what. Besides it can't be that bad."