4. Jealous

Gray came in and put his palm on Lucy's forehead to cool her down. She took a deep breath, and calmly laid down. Gray looked down at his good friend with sorrow. When would she get better? Natsu came in noticing Gray was touching her again, he got irritated. As he came to the opposite bedside of Gray, Natsu rolled his eyes.

"Hey Lucy feeling ok?" Natsu asked putting a wide grin on his annoyed face. Lucy began to choke on her own puke, and she threw up a bit on herself. Tears stung her blood shot eyes as she sneezed. Gray, and Natsu stepped back worried sprouting from their expressions. Natsu came to her aid.

"H-Hot..." She mumbled as she squinted her eyes painfully. She was being swallowed with suffering. Natsu stepped back, and Gray approached helping her out of bed; Porlyusica helped her change. Lucy rested her head on Grays chest as he helped her into bed. Natsu fumed with anger. He wanted to shake Gray till his head would pop off and crush into a million ice cube pieces. Everyday the whole guild would visit Lucy, not all at the same time of course. Gray would always be next to her to cool her off. Natsu stood by the mission bill board, and groaned.

"What's wrong Natsu?" Mirajane, and Laxus asked as they came up to the board.

"We need money..." Natsu explained.

"Then go on a job?" Laxus raised his eyebrow.

"I can't without Lucy..." Natsu left the board, and headed up stairs to visit Lucy again. Gray passed Natsu as Natsu entered. Finally Gray was leaving for once. Natsu sat down beside Lucy watching her as her eyes met his.

"H-Hey Natsu!" Her face beamed when she saw him.

"How you hanging?" He grinned.

"T-Tired, but I feel more e-energetic today." She tells, "I need to get better to go on a job to pay r-rent!" She said with determination.

"Me, Gray, Erza, and Happy could always get the money to pay for your rent while your sick, I was looking at the board but I didn't really wanna go without-"

"Oh n-no that's fine." Lucy began to sit up.

"Lay back down, Lucy, you're still very weak." Natsu tells with worry.

"I can go..." She murmurs.

"What?" Natsus eyes began to widen, his pupils shrinking.

"I-I may be sick now, but there isn't an excuse for all the other times I've messed up jobs... I have to get my rent-"

"No Lucy..." Natsu began to freeze with shock.

Lucy began to cough. She gripped the sheets as tears streamed down her face, "J-Just... I need money a-anyhow, I can go," Lucy wiped her tears.

"Lucy no you're-you're too sick!" Natsu insisted she'd stay in bed.

"Ok... Then go without me to get you're jewels... I'm too weak, You don't need me so-"

"Lucy, what are you even saying?Stop saying that!" Natsu barked, "You are not weak. You've never ever been weak! You're just sick... Sick right now. After this you'll be amazing again. The best celestial wizard in Fiore!" Natsu clenched his jaw, and made a fist. Lucy blushed brightly; grabbing Natsus shirt to stop him.

"I-I'm c-cold, N-Natsu..." She sniffled. Natsu quickly hugged her after her request.

"You're my best friend... You're my best partner... You're my best celestial wizard... Don't ever feel like you're my weakness because you are my strength."