My Surprise

A/N

OMGG GUYSSSS! HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL SEXY UNICORNS, PLEASE DONT CHOP MY HEAD OFF. IM A NICE PERSON...SOMETIMES. hey guys, I just want to give everyone a hugeeee apology for being absent for a WHOLE month. geez, its the dark ages again.

but as you all may know by now, I write chapters on my phone, and at the very beginning of the month, MY PHONE WAS MURDERED!! I MEAN, clears throat, my phone was cut off. I wasn't able to pay my bill because of all of my CHRISTMAS SPIRIT, I LOVE ME SOME SAINT NICK! anyway, Christmas is over, its not as hectic, and IM BACK!! YOU GUYS MISS ME??!!

+

+

+

+

+

Claire's POV

                    I feel the excitement and anticipation well up inside of me, as it does as we walk up the staircase to the attic. I smell old wood and mold, and just a little bit of cinnamon. I almost want to run up the rustic stairs, but Atticus has his hand latched on to mine as we walk, and I don't think that he would appreciate that very much.

                    As we reach the attic, all I see is darkness. I'm tempted to feel creeped out, but it's hard to give in when a powerful vampire is standing right behind me. Instead, I feel warm, bubbly, cheerful. I always did love surprises, it was just difficult to have a reaction that wasn't awkward.

                    I look around the dark wide room, and determine, that there is nothing here.
         I stand patiently, and wait. I look behind me, my eyes catching his intense brown ones, hoping that he would give me my surprise. He grins at me.

                    "Explore." He states, bouncing on his heels like an excited teenage boy. But a much stronger, rugged version of one. I'm tempted to laugh at the expression on his face. I nod and walk further into the room. Hands outstretched in front of me, walking around. I tense as my fingertips touch a rough surface, but nothing is there. Atleast, nothing that I can see.

                     Keeping my hand on the surface, I turn to Atticus with a confused expression. Eyebrows furrowed, lips formed in a frown. He gestured me to continue with my exploration, and I obeyed.

                   My hands traced the surface, trying to find an invisible latch, or something that would open the box. I came up empty handed, and a bit frustrated. My curiosity was killing me. In a last resort, I knock on the surface. I'm guessing that it's a box of some sort. Maybe a crate.

                   What I didn't expect, was for the box to knock back. I feel a bit pale. I glance back at Atticus for support.

                       "Did that box-did it just talk to me?" I asked, feeling like a cry baby. He looked like he wanted to laugh, whereas I was feeling quite frightened. But my curiosity won, and I continued to explore.

                        I knocked three times again on the invisible box, it followed my lead.
                    I slapped the box in a beat. It did the same. This box was sick, can it do any other beats?

I tried to knock in the beat of one of my favorite songs 'sway' by Michael buble, the box did the same. I grinned.

I laughed a little, but froze as the invisible box suddenly became visible. It was a crate as I suspected. There was a chain on the crate, with a huge lock in the shape of a skull. I stared.