Chapter 4: Roommate of my Dreams

" Want to watch Netflix?". Jackson sat next to me on the couch with one slice of meat lovers pizza in one hand and the remote in the other.

I snorted. "And chill?". I asked sarcastically.

I guess he might've taken me seriously because he choked and ran to the kitchen for a glass of water gasping for air, when he came back he glared at me and stated, " You're lucky you're off limits".

"Oh?,". I rose my eyebrows while he pulled up a recent episode of The Walking Dead. " And what exactly would you do if I wasn't?".

He didn't respond he merely glanced in my direction then focused on the flat screen TV in front of us. I watched, feeling a little disappointed as he slowly finished his pizza and moved on to drinking his half full glass of water. I don't know what I expected maybe I just-

I squealed as something heavy fell on top of my body making me fall backwards onto the plush couch. Jackson smirked and positioned so he was straddling me then moved his face inches from mine before saying, "What would I do?,". He placed his hand on his chin and wondered. "Well first off if you were mine i'd make sure you never forget that".

Maybe I should've kept my mouth shut. " How?". I asked curiously.

" How?,". He chuckled. " By giving you a wild ride that's how".

His warm breath lingered on my neck even when he moved away and I yearned for him to touch me. He searched my eyes and my body became hot just from his intense stare, and the fact that he was on top of me. I looked at his lips again for the upteinth time today and bit my lip once more. He inhaled sharply and pulled away altogether running a hand through his hair and muttering " What are you doing to me, Vanilla bean?". It was a rhetorical question.

He got up and slipped into what looks like the bathroom. I still never got the tour but my speculation was proven correct when I heard the shower turn on. I sighed and thought about today's events, I met a mysterious guy who can sometimes be a tool but for some reason showed me a whole new side of him. I was sitting there with my thoughts wandering off to space when Jackson came back in his black pj bottoms and that's it. No shirt, no shoes.

Just his incredible V line taunting me below his abdominal muscles. Oh and of course his mesmerising tattoos which I suddenly became attracted to.

"Close your mouth Vanilla bean, wouldn't want you to catch any flies". He smirked.

I blushed and decided to change the subject. " Why don't you tell me anything?".

"What?". He frowned.

" Well,". I started. " You don't seem to want me to know anything about you like who's in charge of your group". I referred to the conversation we had about is loyalty tattoo.

"Sweetheart, you know more about me than some of closest friends". He said and I could tell he was trying to remain calm. I flinched at the sudden name change.

He's mad.

"I'm sorry". I whispered looking at the plain walls behind him.

He relaxed a little. " For what?".

I finally met his eyes. " For upsetting you, believe it or not you're my only friend".

He walked over and sat next to me. "I'm not upset i'm just...surprised at how true my words are".

I looked up at him through my lashes. "What do you mean?".

He took my hands in his sending a chill through my spine. "Vanilla bean, you a girl I just met knows more about me than my friends i've known for years".

"Oh,". I finally got the meaning of his words. He's somehow managed to trust a girl he just met more than his friends he's known for a long time. I wonder if those friends are in that group he's loyal to. "Can I ask you a question?".

" Rule number one, don't ask questions". He pulled his hands away from mine and ran them through his hair, meaning he's frustrated. It's strange how I know these little things about him already.

"I Know, I know but...it's important". I mumbled.

"Fine,". He gave in. "What?".

"Are you here on a scholarship?". I asked.

" Nope". He yawned and got up grabbing the remote and turning the TV off.

" Then how are you here? are you rich? because that would-".

" What's with the twenty questions dang it?". He snapped earning a genuine smile from me because he kept his promise and didn't curse.

" No reason,". I confessed. " Just wondering how they let a bad boy into their school if they're so stuck up".

" I have my ways of getting what I want Vanilla bean, learned from the best in the business". He stretched.

" Who?". I asked, already knowing he wasn't going to tell me.

He shook his head. " Go to bed, you're tired and your eyes are turning red".

" In a minute". I muttered wanting to clear my head first.

"Now". He ordered holding his hand out, I was going to argue but his eyes challenged me and something told me I would get more than a lecture.

I took his hand and he led me to my room. I never knew I was that tired until I was under the warm covers and my head rested gently on my soft fluffy pillow I brought with me. My eyes slowly began to close and Jackson leaned over and whispered softly into my ear.

"Goodnight, Vanilla bean".

Goodnight, roommate of my dreams I thought to myself and heard a small chuckle escaped his lips leaving me to wonder if I actually said that out loud as my eyes gave into the darkness and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey beauties!

it's officially the end of day one, Ashley survived her first day at college! it was saturday when she arrived btw incase i forgot to mention.

What do you think of everything so far?

Do you think this one's gonna be good?

sorry this chapter is kind of a filler but you NEED TO KNOW this stuff in order for me to continue.

plz leave feedback by vote, comment and give me a follow ;)

xoxo,

Roommate of your dreams.

Lol :)