We All Fall Down

I was fuming! It was Monday, and I have yet to hear from Bryce! No apology, nothing. But, underneath the part of me that was mad and pissed off, there was the little girl, afraid of losing someone again. I walked to my Anatomy class, dreading having to sit next to his ex. How could he compare me to her?

I walked in, and as usual, Jason was already in there. He was unpacking his backpack, when he noticed me walk over to my desk.

"Hey Summer. Are you doing okay?" He asked. I knew Brit had already told him about Bryce, and our confrontation. I want mad, I just felt exposed.

When I didn't respond, he walked over and hugged me. "Summer, it's gonna be okay. He just needs to cool down and then he'll realize how stupid he was." I felt my lip tremble, and I couldn't help but hug him back. I needed this right now.

I heard a chuckle, and some binders slam down on the desk to my right. We pulled apart to see Caitlin, staring at us with a smug look on her face.

"I heard about you and Bryce. It was bound to happen, you cheating on him. It's too bad that those brothers are so hot that you can't choose just one. What a shame about that. I wonder if he'll realize how good he had it when he was with me, during this little fiasco that you created." She stated, grinning.

The last shred of patience that I had went out the window. I felt my fists clench, and I didn't hesitate to pounce on her.

"Don't you ever say that again!" I said as my fists slammed into her face.

I got a few good punches in before she rolled us over and started punching me, and clawing at my face. "You bitch!" she yelled.

She dint get much flips in before a flipped us back over, and I punched her again. I felt strong arms begin to separate us, and I let out a yell, wanting nothing more to continue beating the crap out of her!

"Summer, stop! She's not worth it! " I heard Jason say to me, but I didn't care. He might have pulled my arms away from her, but I could still kick the bitch.

"GIRLS! THAT IS ENOUGH!" our teacher yelled, standing between us.

"Both of you, to the principal now!" She yelled.

I was breathing hard, and I knew that I looked horrible, but so did Caitlin. Our teacher had Jason escort me first, followed by Caitlin a good 5 minutes later. The principal was waiting for me, and I felt the knots in my stomach clench. Mrs. Wildener had a look of disappointment written all over her face.

She held open the door for me and I walked in, and just before the door closed I looked back at Jason who had a sympathetic look on his face.

I sat down in the comfy chair in front of Mrs. Wildener's desk.

"Well, Summer, I never thought I'd see you in my office for this reason."

I didn't say anything, I just looked down at my bruised hands ashamed.

"Have you been sleeping well?" Mrs. Wildener asked.

My head snapped up at her odd question. When she saw the questioning look she spoke again, "I mean, you seem not yourself lately, this especially is out of character for you, and I'm just trying to find the cause. Your grades have dropped significantly that past couple of months. Is there something going on?"

Yeah, I hardly sleep at night because I have horrible nightmares where my dad dies! My own messed up mind comes up with new ways for him to die, and on the inside its killing me. I'm in charge of a soccer, where I have all these girls depending on me to give a hundred and ten percent each day. I have to worry about my fiancé's sibling issues that are tearing all of us apart! Oh, and I have to worry about college, don't forget about that!

But I didn't say any of that. Instead I just continued to stare at my hands. Mrs. Wildener sighed, "Well, fighting is not acceptable, and you have to be punished accordingly. You are suspended until second semester starts."

My head snapped up again, "But finals are this week!"

"I'm well aware. But this is the consequence for fighting. I've called your mom, and she's expecting you."

I wanted to fight back, but I didn't have anything to say. What could I possibly do to make this right?! I can't make it right, that's the problem. I silently grabbed my backpack and left.

.

.

.

When I pulled up to my house, Samantha's car was parked in my driveway. I raised my eyebrows, confused, because we hadn't planned a meeting at all today. I got out of my car and walked up to the door. My heart was in my throat, and I was scared out of my mind. I opened the door and walked in I could hear people talking in the living room. It sounded like my mom, Britney and Samantha. But I could also hear a man's voice that sounded really familiar. I walked slowly the living room. As I entered the living room the four of them stopped talking, and looked at me. I was about to ask what was going on when I he turned around.

I felt my would crashing down on me, and I my air was suddenly cut off. He had the same face, the same blue eyes that I missed so much, the same warm smile. But it didn't make sense! Everything was beginning to go dark, and before my knees gave away, I was able to get one word out.

"Dad?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter is short, but I'm trying to get everything in that I had planned for this story. 

Make sure to comment and vote. The more comments and votes that I get the sooner I'll update.

-Ry