xli

[Unedited]

You don't understand and I can't explain.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

I wanted to disappear. I wanted to become invisible so no one could see me, but I knew that that wouldn't happen. I was standing right behind Harry with my eyes wide open in fear as I watched the small boy, Joe, run into Harry and hug him tightly. His arms wrapped around him and he fisted Harry's coat with his small hands, tucking his head into the crook of his neck like he was scared he would leave him. Harry did the same and planted a kiss on top of the boy's head as he stood up straight, holding him in his arms with ease.

I smiled at the beautiful sight in front of me, almost forgetting about where we were. The affection Harry showed for the boy in his arms was amazing. It was heartwarming to see the beautiful smiles on their face as they spoke to each other. Harry was smiling and making weird faces and ruffled his hair, causing Joe to pout.

"I thought you forgot about us." Joe told him, his voice small and sad.

"No buddy, I'll never forget about you. I was just busy with my job, but now I'm here and I brought you all presents." Harry told him, pinching his rosy cheek lightly. Joe's eyes wided and he gasped as he glanced at the car next to Harry which was filled with presents before hugging him one more time.

"Yeah! Thank you." He exclaimed with excitement and Harry put him down, taking his hand in his big one. Joe practically ran to the car dragging Harry with his in the progress and I laughed, to which Harry simply shrugged.

He opened the door and Joe immediately got inside taking the biggest box he could find in his arms. He brought it next to his ear and shook it a few times as he tried to make out what was inside of it. Harry laughed at him and extended his hand out, helping him to get out again.

"Did you choose your present?" Harry asked him and Joe nodded his head holding the box proundly in his hands.

"Yes."

They both started approaching me again and that's when Joe noticed my presence for the first time. His eyes landed on me and he frowned a bit, parting his lips as if to say something but decided against it. I was holding my breath the whole time. It's going to happen now. He was going to tell Harry that he had seen me before. He is just a kid.

I'm screwed.

"Joe, this is Angelina. She helped me to bring you your presents. Angelina this is Joe, my little friend." Harry introduced us. If only you knew, Harry.

I forced a smile and Joe smiled widely at me showing his teeth as he extended his hand out for me to shake. I was taken aback by his gesture, but didn't questioned it and I placed my hand hesitantly in his, shaking it.

"It's nice to meet you Angelina. Thank you for bringing our presents." He said.

I gulped. Didn't he remember me?

"You're welcome." I told him.

"Now, let's go see the other kids." Harry said and started walking as he held Joe's hand. I followed them, but kept my gaze on the ground. I couldn't understand why Joe didn't tell Harry that he had seen me before. I don't think he had forgotten about me, it sounded too good to be true.

As we passed through the gate I looked back at the two boys in front of me. Harry's back was turned to me but Joe was looking straight at me and he was smiling. He slowly brought his pointer finger on his lips and winked at me. Then he let go of Harry's hand and ran to the other kids who were playing around in the garden. He yelled telling them that Harry was there and all their eyes turned to us. Their faces lit up with happiness and they smiled as Harry approached them and took everyone of them individually in his arms.