ten

Chapter Ten// Charlotte Grayson

"We are werewolves," came out of his mouth and I didn't know what to say. He held out his hand quickly, "We haven't told you yet because you'll make your transformation on your 18th birthday. But Cam stated it'll be better if you know now. Which I agreed. Before you move let me explain something to you. We are a beta family, which means we are second in charge. The first is the Alpha. We hold accountability for those in the pack. We are on the Alpha's side. Always. Cam here is supposed to be beta, but he wanted to become a doctor." My father looks over at him and Cam cuts our dad.

"Yes, but I am taking my role back. I already talked to Declan and Reign." Declan? My heart sunk as I heard his name. My hands were trembling as my dad continued.

"Anyways, Charlie and Carson since you guys weren't born the oldest you are the pack fighters. The greatest fighters that protect the pack along with the Alpha." My dad looks over at me and tries giving me a genuine smile. I look away quickly and pretend that I'm interested in my nails.

"My sweet sweet baby girl. You are destined to be Luna. You are the mate of the Alpha and you help run the pack beside him." I look at my father straight in the eyes.

"What is a mate? A soul mate kind of thing?" He nods and started to explain that him and mom are mates. Meant to be together till death and yaddy yaddy ya. So every werewolf has a mate, they can either be rejected or accepted. My parents claim that being mated is the most happiest thing on earth.

They look happy and I want that. I want the love they have. My father explained the rest of the werewolf facts and etcetera.
Rouges are the bad kind of werewolves that wolf out and leave their pack. My dad doesn't believe there is good rouges, but my mom does. Hunters despise werewolves for some unknown reason. They try to kill us and tortured the living out of us. The Moon Goddess made werewolves and mates million of years ago.

All of this information was too much and I just need a break. My head is over flowing with this new information and the old for exams.

"I need a minute to myself." I mumble and got up from the chair. Everyone was silent as I left the office. Grabbing my jacket, I went outside the back door.

This was too much for me to handle at the moment and I needed to talk to someone. Lola maybe? But she is probably human. I really wanted to see Declan. I mean he is a wolf himself... he should understand.

Sadly, I have no idea where he lives. Groaning loudly, I made my way toward the opening of the woods. I just need to think. And staying inside cooped up in the house won't help. While walking I admire everything in the woods. How the trees were tall, the grass was damp from the rain we received last night.

I guess when I go all wolf, I will be spending more time in these woods. Wrapped up in my thoughts, I didn't notice I was in the center of a grassy field. A twig snapped and my head turned into that direction.

"Hello, if you are going to kill me do it fast. I'm on my period so I'll bleed out faster," I lied about the period. I got off of it a few days ago. There was a chuckle and there came out a sweaty shirtless Declan. My eyes widen as I taken in his glowing 6 pack and the V-line.

"Like what you see Lottie?" His lips twitched into a smirk and I felt my cheeks burn up.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him raising my eyebrow up, questioning him.

He shrugs walking towards me, "Your brother wanted me to find you." Declan stops right in front of me. I nod my head slowly.

"My dad told me what you are," I stopped mid sentence and rephrased it,"Sorry, he told me what we are." Declan nods looking at me with caution, like I might hurt him.

His eyes watched me curiously, "So... I need to be going now. Exams start tomorrow and I need to finish studying for tomorrow's exam." I mumble out looking at my brown muddy socks. How come I never noticed this when I left the house?

Declan's eyes followed where I was looking at as he chuckles lowly. "How about I'll carry you to your house so your socks won't get any worse." He didn't ask, but basically demanded me.

It'll be nice for him to carry me back home so I nodded my head. Declan gave me a huge smile and picked me up bridal style and we were on our way back to my house. It was silent for a few minutes until another branch snapped. Declan kept still closing his eyes; I was about to say what was wrong, but his opened up and his light blue stormy eyes went into midnight black.

I touched his arm softly and he looked down at me quickly. "I'm going to set you down now and you are going to stay right behind me." He demands, setting me down on the moist ground. His arms came up in front of me keeping me right behind him. He growled once and I have never heard him growl before. Guess that is a werewolf thing too.

"Rouges," he muttered under his breath and there was a couple of shadows coming from the trees. This is what my father was talking about.

I gulp and a male with red hair came out with another male but with no hair. Declan looks between the two rogues and growls at them.

"Well well well, who is that beauty behind you?" The red haired guy asks coming closer.

"Why are you on my land?" Declan growls at the two rogues. Red haired guy (who I am calling Ed Sheeran) shrugged.

"Just to see Declan's new-" Ed Sheeran was cut off from another growl that wasn't Declan.

"Get the hell away from them." Cam yells coming toward Declan and I. Ed Sheeran looks between the 3 of us and bursted out laughing.

"She is your sister?" Ed laughs loudly and so did baldy. "Wow, that is news to me! Well we got all we needed anyways." Ed grins evilly and changes into his wolf form right in front of me. Baldy was right behind him and they ran off back into the trees.

"Dammit," Declan mutters pushing his fingers through his hair frustrated. "That is the one thing we don't need right now. Why did you come?! It's obvious that you guys are siblings." Declan growls at Cam and they both have an argument.

Let's just say Declan looks pretty damn sexy when he is yelling. They continued to yell at each other until I sneezed.

Declan looks over at me his eyes were turning back to his baby stormy blue color and his face soften. "I'll walk you guys home." He stated and Cam nodded his head.

The walk home was silent and I'm guessing Cam and Declan were mind-linking each other. Another thing my dad told me werewolves can do. We soon reached the back of the house and Cam went inside leaving Declan outside with me.

"Well, good luck on your exams," Declan smiles softly and I have him a smile back.

"Thank you." He nods and I walked inside the house while he watched me.

My own personal guardian angel.

✷✷✷

BOOM DIGNITY !!! Welcome I bumped it up a little bit. I hope you guys liked this chapter. And happy Christmas Eve Eve lol

Comment

Vote

Follow

Remember to comment and vote for more chapters.