33

"Good morning!" Tony exclaims, rushing into the kitchen.
     Steve and I sit at the breakfast table with normal clothes and mugs of coffee. I pull the collar of my black sweater and stare at my brother. Tony snatches a mug from a cupboard and pours a cup of coffee for himself. He takes a seat across from us, wearing a gray button down and jeans.
     "Good morning?" Steve greets questionably.
     "Morning, Tony." I say.
     "Someone's in a grumpy mood this morning." Tony says, eyeing me.
     I roll my eyes at him and keep a hand on my warm mug.
     "Where's everybody else?" Tony asks.
     "Don't know," I tell him.
     "Humph," he grunts. "Well, what plans do we have for today?"
     Steve glares at him. I raise an eyebrow at the two, confused about their interaction.
     "Oh wait, I have a call today." Tony lies.
     "Okay," I say, not mentioning that he lied to me.
     "I'll be back in a minute," Tony says, standing from his chair and leaving the room.
     "Alright," I mumble.
     Steve and I are quiet for a moment, sipping our coffee.
     "Tori?" Steve asks.
     "Yes, Steve?" I respond.
     "Since I don't think that we have any plans today, d-do you want to, um, go on a-"
     "Yes," I say, knowing the last part of the sentence. "I would love to go on a date with you."
     He smiles. Tony walks back into the room grinning like an idiot.
     "So, should I get Bruce?" Tony beams.
     "Go nuts," I smirk.

•••

     I stand in front of my dresser panicking. What to wear for a date? No clue. Anything that has to do with romance has never been my forte. I sort through the drawers, searching for something nice to wear. I come across nothing. I groan and move to another drawer. Again, nothing. I begin to become even more frustrated.
     I stand back from my dresser, running my fingers through my hair. I scan the room for any ideas, but stop at my bed. I gaze at the black jacket, jeans, black combat boots, and black and white plaid scarf in disbelief. There is a small piece of paper attached to the knee length jacket. I pluck it off, reading the familiar doctor like handwriting:

     Tori,
     Natasha and I thought that you'd need some help with an outfit. So, here you go. Don't embarrass yourself. Good luck, sis.
                                                 Love, Tony

     I smile and read the other note in clean handwriting on the bottom.

     Tori-
     Scratch out what Tony said. I put the outfit together while you were out with Steve this morning. Just wear your black sweater with this. I know you'll do well. Good luck.
                                                    -Natasha

     The note brings a tear to my eye. I switch my black leggings with the pair of dark wash jeans and put on the boots. I tie the jacket around my waist and button the buttons that line the jacket vertically. The scarf fits perfectly around my neck and I hatch an idea. I rush to my dresser and pull out a black beanie. I go to my bathroom and brush my long brunette hair, letting the waves trail down my back. I place the beanie onto the back of my head and double check my makeup.
     I hear a knock at the door. I sprint out of the bathroom and open it.
     "Ready?" Steve asks, wearing something similar to me and he holds a bouquet of snowdrops.