Chapter 41

-

"Come on, we can make fun of her the entire time." Maggie replied, throwing shoes at my feet.

"Why is she making it such a big deal?" I asked.

"I don't know, but this is another step to get Rick back." Maggie smirked.

"I'm not going to be a home wrecker." I replied.

"Yes you are. You have to save them from that bitch." She replied.

-

I sat from the back of the room, my eyes on Rick as he looked around at everyone while his "fiancée" made a speech before her gender reveal shit.

"I know some people aren't as lucky as me to have a child, and I'm forever apologetic to those people." Amber announced.

My heart ached as I remembered my babies that I lost.

"But then again, some people are more deserving than others." She continued.

"What a bitch." Maggie hissed.

Judith slid out of my lap and ran up to the front to Amber and Rick where the balloons were.

"Yes, Judy. Ruin her little reveal." Tara hissed.

Judith giggled as she kicked a balloon and popped it.

"Oh shit." Maggie laughed, covering her mouth.

"Pwink!" Judith squealed.

I watched as Amber grabbed Judith by the arm and roughly pulled her away before smacking her in the mouth so hard she landed on the ground.

I looked to Rick, his eyebrows furrowed as he stood up.

"What the hell was that?" I asked, standing up.

Judith wailed and ran to me, wrapping her arms around my legs.

"What?" Amber asked.

"You smacked her so hard her lip is bleeding. It's a fucking balloon. Kids like balloons, and she was just having fun. You didn't have to smack her that hard, or smack her at all." I snapped.

I picked Judith up, her head buried in my neck as she cried.

"If you're going to hit a kid, come to me and I'm sure we'll fix the problem." I sassed, everyone watching me as I took a few steps back.

"It's not the first time she's done that." Someone in the small crowd said.

"If you touch her one more time, you'll be seeing me- not Rick. Me." I added, pointing at Amber.

"My party's ruined!" She screamed.

"Bitch got probs." Tara mumbled.

I turned around, walked out of the building, and made my way back to mine and Tara's house.

"Shh, it's okay, baby." I mumbled, setting Judith on the kitchen counter.