Chapter 13

I walked to the kitchen and took out the cookies to find that they cooked perfectly.
I was about to start setting the table when there was a knock at the door I held my breath for a second and looked at the clock to find it was six on the dot I quietly walked towards the door and looked though the window beside the door to see Mason.

I opened the door and smiled, there stood Mason with a hand behind his back.

"You look very beautiful Sophia ." He smiled and took out his hand from behind his back and handed me red colored tulips.

"Thank you Mason they look lovely come on in dinner is ready."

He walked in, took his jacket off  and hung it then we walked towards the kitchen.

"I just have to set up the table and we can start eating."

"It smells amazing Sophia thank you for making dinner I can help with setting the table."

I handed him plates while I grabbed the forks, cups and knifes.

We walked towards the table and Mason set the table while I grabbed the food from the kitchen.
He helped me once he was done.
When everything was set Mason excused himself to the bathroom to wash his hands.

I was about to sit when I got the same pain again.
I held onto the chair afraid I was going to fall and hurt my baby in the process.

Mason walked in and found me leaning onto the chair he quickly was by my side and let me lean on him I closed my eyes and took a deep breath after a few minutes the pain was gone.

"I'm okay thank you." I whispered

We sat down and Mason took the first bite of the food and paused.

"What's wrong? Is it to salty? It doesn't have enough salt yes that's probably it I will go grab the salt."

I was about to stand to go to the kitchen and  grab the salt when Mason grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"This. This food you made it's tastes amazing, I never tasted anything this good ever."

I smiled blushing a little no one has ever complemented my food before.

"Thank you Mason I appreciate that."

We finished our meal and I grabbed the cookies I made and placed a plate full in front of Mason and while he ate the cookies I grabbed the plates of food and put them in the kitchen to clean afterwards.

I went back to sit beside Mason and found that he finished almost half the plate of cookies.

I smiled and grabbed a cookie and we sat there just looking at each other and eating cookies.

When there was only one cookie left Mason broke it in half and gave me half while he ate the other half.