201

July 16, 5:37 pm.

Sophie just came over. It had been days since we last spoke. She looked tired and somehow happy, at the same time. We walked towards my room, she sat on the bed. Her eyes were kind of red and I could tell that she had been crying.

"Hey, Steph." She let out a weak smile.

"Hey, Soph." I smiled back.

For a moment, she looked to the floor and the next thing I knew she was breaking down right in front of me. The tears fell freely from her eyes all the way to her chin. To be quite frank, I really had no clue of what to do. I never comforted people. There should be a book called 'Comforting People For Dummies' of something like that. I just started rubbing her back and stroking her hair. After some few moment of an awkward silence, she recollected herself.

"I-I'm sorry," She stammered, wiping her eyes.

"It's okay, Soph. Just let it all out." I muttered to her.

She sat closer to me and hugged me. "Thanks, Stephanie. Really, thanks. Thanks for being there for me when no one else wasn't." She smiled.

"It's okay," I assured her.

"Boys suck," She sighed and I let out a laugh.

"Well, some do, but not all of them." I smiled, remembering Cameron.

"Yeah, that's cause you have this super hot and sweet guy who's head over heels for you," She mumbled.

I shook my head. "It's not always about the boys, Soph." I chewed my inner cheeks.

"Yeah, but it's always about this boy." She growled. "He sucks," Soph continued. "And it also sucks that it took me long enough to realize this. But the worst part was that I actually liked the kiss, you know? Actually, I can't stop thinking about it." She whispered.

I let out a sigh. This was kind of awkward since we were talking about the same guy. Just one knew, and the other didn't.

"It's just that Tyler changed, you know? And I somehow need to get over that. He smokes, he cheats on his girlfriend and I don't know, he's just changed. Maybe it's a phase, maybe it isn't." I told her.

She nodded her head. "I'm just tired of being 'the other one'. I mean guys always cheat on their girlfriends with me. I don't wanna be that person anymore." She sighed.

"You deserve so much more, Soph." I smiled to her.

She smiled back and thanked me. She really does deserve way much more.