Chapter 23

"I think it's best if you sat down."

"No Mason please explain."

"There's something I haven't told you about myself." He paused "I'm a prince in this kingdom."

"Wait what?"

"I'm a prince and I live in the castle it's the safest place you can be if bad comes to worst which it won't but I won't take a chance so I want you to stay here until we catch the alpha who is after you."

"Wait. If you're the prince then it means I'm. But the queen. Oh I think I should seat..."

I felt the darkness hit me before I could even stop it.

(Hours later)

I opened my eyes to find myself in a room that looked much like a hospital. I was covered with the softest blanket and I snuggled deeper into the covers.

I looked at the window and it was probably mid day.
I looked around the room to see Mason seating in the seat beside me.

I wanted to pull my hand so I could go to the bathroom but as soon I slipped my hand from his he woke up looking around.
His eyes eventually stopped at me and smiled.
I placed my hand on his cheek and he leaned into my hand.

"Are you okay Mason?" I asked

"You're the one who's laying in the hospital bed and you're asking me if I was okay?"

"Yes, you seem tired"

"I was more worried then tired" he replied

"Worried? About what?"

"You" he whispered

"Me? Why?"

"You fainted and have been for the past few hours."

"How's my baby?" I asked

"Strong. Like it's mom"

"Why didn't you tell me before today?" I asked

"I didn't think it mattered really I'm still me and as long as I have you and this baby I don't need anything"

"What are you saying?" I asked confused

"I was.... I was going to give everything up for you I have a house in Europe we would've moved there and lived there raising our baby."

"You were going to give up your position to be with me?"

"I would give my life for you. I've waited a long time for you and I wouldn't lose you because someone is greedy and wants my position"

I tried to stand up and Mason helped me up and I hugged him.
A few tears escaped and as Mason held me closer I couldn't help but think how lucky I was right now.
Mason was going to give his position as a prince to be with me.

"Don't" I whispered

"Don't what?" He said

"Don't do it, I'll be by your side no matter what but don't give up your position. This is your destiny you are meant to be a prince don't give up something you've waited your whole life for to be with me."

"But I won't let go of you"

"Then don't Mason because I won't let go off you"

" I love you Sophia"

"And I love you to"