thirteen

Mr. Park sat by the door, holding a baseball bat in his hand.

"Dad, please can you just be normal this one time?" Jimin whined, trying to pull the bat away from his father. Mr. Park always did this, it was basically a tradition. Every time Jimin would bring someone home, friend or foe, Mr. Park would sit by the door with a baseball bat and remain silent, staring at whomever was coming over, until he decided they felt uncomfortable enough to be afraid of him. 

"No, Jimin, this is common procedure, you know th— oh! There's the doorbell!" Mr. Park smiled happily once before turning his expression into a stoney one as he stared straight ahead, unblinking. Jimin sighed and answered the door, smiling when he saw Yoongi on the other side.

"Hey," Yoongi said, smiling slightly. He was trying to mask the fact that he was nervous as hell to meet Jimin's dad.

"Hi." Jimin let Yoongi inside, and the older male jumped when he saw Jimin's dad staring at him, rolling the baseball bat menacingly in his hand.

"You said he wouldn't hurt me." Yoongi whispered in Jimin's ear. Jimin rolled his eyes and looked over at Yoongi, who was half hiding behind him.

"Actually, I only said he wouldn't eat you. I never mentioned the fact that he'd have a baseball bat." Jimin said. Yoongi reached up and flicked Jimin's ear, making the younger boy squeal in pain.

"Hi, Mr. Park. I'm Min Yoongi, nice to meet you." Yoongi bowed and Mr. Park just glared at him. "I– okay."

"Dad, seriously, cut it out please." Jimin begged. Mr. Park sighed and rolled his eyes before dropping the bat on the ground next to him. Jimin smiled and grabbed Yoongi's hand. "We'll be upstairs if you need us."

"Dinner will be done soon, and I'm not going to come get you, so keep an eye on the time." Mr. Park said. Jimin nodded and led Yoongi up to his room.

"That was horrible, I hope I never have to meet another dad for the rest of my life." Yoongi said, falling onto the bed dramatically. Jimin laughed and sat down next to him.

"Don't be a baby." Jimin laughed, patting Yoongi's back. Yoongi stuck his tongue out at Jimin and rolled over on to his back.

"So, you know how I told you my parents got me lube and condoms for Christmas?" Jimin nodded, his cheeks heating up slightly. "They also think I'm a bottom. I am not a bottom."

Jimin raised his eyebrows and looked over at Yoongi. He swung his leg over Yoongi's body and sat on his thighs with a cheeky smile on his face. "Well, I guess you have a problem then."

"Oh really?" Yoongi asked, resting his hands on Jimin's legs. Jimin nodded and leant down so he could whisper in Yoongi's ear.

"Yeah, because I'm not a bottom either." Jimin kissed Yoongi's jaw and the older boy laughed. He grabbed onto Jimin's shoulders and flipped them over. Jimin pouted slightly, and turned his head when Yoongi bent down to kiss him. Jimin covered his face with his hands and giggled quietly to himself.

"Babe," Yoongi whined, kissing the back of Jimin's hands. Jimin peeped through his fingers at Yoongi, curiosity alight in his eyes.

"Babe?" Jimin questioned. Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly, but Jimin could see the light blush dusting his cheeks.

"Just thought you needed a nickname. Does babe not work for you? Because I can change to something else, like Jiminie or Jibooty." Yoongi said.

"No, babe is fine." Jimin said. He couldn't imagine his parents reaction if Yoongi started calling him Jibooty.

"Okay, now can I kiss you pl—" Jimin door busted open to reveal Mr. Park with one arm out in front of him and the other thrown over his eyes.

"Dad in the room! Dad in. The. Room!" Mr. Park yelled. He kept his eyes covered and Yoongi rolled off of Jimin. "Dinners ready."

"I thought you were coming to get us?" Jimin asked, pushing down a piece of Yoongi's hair that had gone astray.

"Your mom made me. Now come downstairs." Mr. Park turned around and blindly walked back out of Jimin's room. Yoongi flattened his hands against Jimin's head, making sure that all of his hair stayed put.

"You ready?" Jimin asked, noticing that Yoongi had stayed on the bed after he'd gotten up.

"It's very likely that I will vomit." Yoongi said. Jimin rolled his eyes and pulled Yoongi off his bed. Jimin kissed him lightly and stepped backwards.

"You better not, I won't kiss you if you have vomit-mouth." Yoongi cracked a small smile and they walked downstairs, where Mrs. Park was putting the food on the table.

"You boys can sit down, I've just got to grab napkins and everything will be done." Mrs. Park disappeared into the kitchen and Jimin and Yoongi sat down next to each other at the table.

When everyone was settled in their spots, Mr. Park put his elbow on the table and his chin in his hand, and started inspecting Yoongi closely. Yoongi stiffened slightly and Jimin laid his hand on his thigh.

"You're not helping," Yoongi whispered. Jimin blushed slightly and moved his hand down the Yoongi's knee instead.

"So, Yoongi, do you have a job?" Mr. Park asked.

Yoongi put his fork down and cleared his throat. "Yes, I work in the mall at the comic book and magazine store."

Mr. Park nodded and opened his mouth to ask another question, but Mrs. Park cut him off. "Yoongi, we always let Jimin have a glass of champagne on New Years. Would your parents mind if you had one too? If not, we can give you sparkling grape juice like we do Uri."

"I want champion!" Uri yelled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It's champagne," Jimin muttered. Uri stuck her tongue out at him and Jimin crinkled his face up in return. Yoongi watched the two in amusement before remembering he had to answer the question.

"It's fine, my parents always let me have a glass too." That was a lie, Yoongi's parents usually went to party and Yoongi would invite Jin over and they'd order pizza, but he didn't want to be stuck with the same drink as a five year old.

Mrs. Park smiled and looked between her son and Yoongi. Jimin was staring off into space with a goofy smile on his face, and Yoongi was looking at him with the same expression.

"Cute," she muttered under breath.