35

The ice skating was amazing. I've never felt that graceful in my entire life. Steve took me to dinner, as well, which was incredible. We walk hand in hand back to the Avengers Tower.
     "So, who told Tony and Natasha?" I ask Steve.
     He blushes. "Tony actually set it up. He just asked Natasha to help."
     "Sounds like my brother,"
     "It really does."
We reach the tower and go up the elevator. It stops at my floor. As the elevator doors open, you can hear feet scrambling to the elevator - all of the Avengers.
"How was it?" Tony asks eagerly, the elevator door just opening.
"Good," I say, looking down at my feet.
"You're lying. You look down at the floor when you lie." he points out.
"Fine, it was an understatement."
I hear and see Natasha whispering to Clint, trying to contain her excitement.
"And?" everyone asks.
I bury my face in my scarf and Steve mouths something to them.
"Come here, Stevie." Tony says to Steve, directing him to follow.
Steve releases my hand with one last squeeze and walks away.
"Be right back," I say, walking into the kitchen.
I go to a high cupboard and reach for a vase. I pull it down and fill it with water. Rushing to my room, I hear murmuring come from the other Avengers. I ignore it and open my bedroom door. Eyeing the flowers, I put the snowdrops into the vase and go back out to the main area. I find Bruce, Clint, Natasha, Tony, and Steve sitting on the sofas, patiently waiting for me.
     "Tell us everything," Natasha insists as I sit next to Steve.

•••

     Steve and I work together to tell the Avengers every little detail about the date. They all sit in awe, waiting for this to happen for a "very long time", as they said. Steve and I are just getting to some of the best parts.
     "Ice skating was amazing," I marvel. "I learned to skate, Tony! You've wanted me to for years!"
     "It's definitely been a couple years," Tony remarks.
     "Yeah," Steve laughs. "And then we-"
    There is a crashing sound from a few floors above us. Everyone's attention is directed to the ceiling, wondering what could have happened.
     "What the hell was that?" Tony shouts.
     "No idea," Steve states.
     I stand and walk toward the elevator, grabbing a hidden handgun from a drawer near the doors. Tony barks something to Steve and they scramble around the house, looking for something. The elevator doors close and I go up and up to the very top of the Avengers Tower.
     The doors open and I ready my gun. I spot a large figure on the center of the roof with a circular pattern around him. I tuck my gun into my pocket, examining him. His shoulder length blonde hair and red cape blow in the cold wind. He wears blueish armor and the same color pants. There are three button like things on each side of his chest plate. He holds a hammer, known as Mjölnir.
     "Who are you?" Thor spits, gripping his hammer tightly.
     I stare at the Norse god with wide eyes.
     "I-I'm Victoria Stark," I inform him, holding my hands in front of myself protectively.
     "You are Lady Victoria?" the god ponders.
     I raise an eyebrow. "How do you know who I am?"
     "Thor, why are you here?" Steve asks him, coming from the elevator with his shield and Tony standing behind him.
     "Heimdall informed me of the group H.Y.D.R.A.." the god booms.
     "You could at least not mess up my roof," Tony mutters. "Do you know how expensive this stuff is?"
     "Everyone in S.H.I.E.L.D. is in grave danger." Thor says.
     "Like we don't know that already," Steve hisses.
     "It seems that you do not understand. Once 'H.Y.D.R.A.' takes over S.H.I.E.L.D., they will go further. They will conquer the country, continent, the realm, then all nine realms." Thor says.
     "How?" I ask. "They can't possibly conquer all nine realms."
    "Do not underestimate them, Lady Victoria."
    "Just call me Tori," I tell the god, crossing my arms.
     "Very well then," he says. "But, please, if you don't do as I ask, you are putting everyone in danger."
     Steve lays a hand just above the small of my back. He seems nervous, but keeps me close to him.
     "Hold on," Tony says. "Tell us what we have to do."
     "Do not go on any missions that include H.Y.D.R.A.. The group is very logical. And stay as safe as possible."
     "Why can't you just stop them? You're a god." I say.
     "It is not that simple," Thor admits.
     "How do you know?"
     "H-Heimdall can see everything, he knows what will happen." Thor says, looking into my eyes with pure fear. "And almost everything anyone can do will destroy everything."