Chapter 14

" You know-" I said, cringing in distaste. " It's kind of unbelievable you think I could keep this stupid Mandrake leaf in my mouth for a whole month." 

" You have no choice Thisbe," McGonagall sighed, rubbing a hand over her face. " You know that it's necessary."

" Yeah, but I would of liked if you gave me a heads up on how dreadful it tastes. " I shot back, touching the leaf with my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

I was in my aunts classroom, training to become an Animagus during after hours so no one could disturb us. After mountains of paperwork and background checks, I had finally earned the permission to further my studies in the subject. " Well It's not a sugar quill for sure," She replied back cheekily, not even looking up as she continued to grade papers.

" I figured." I grumbled, walking back over to the large book sitting on the table. It was pretty large and a rich scarlet color, with the title ' Animagus Transformations'. It was from the restricted side of the library and I was given full permission to read it. Once again I read over the stupid sentence that just had to be there.

' Part of the process by which one becomes an Animagus is holding the leaf of a mandrake plant in they're mouth for a whole month'

I sneered at the book and turned to reach into my satchel. Pulling out a pouch of sweets, I slipped out a peppermint and popped it in my mouth. I quite fancy the taste of them, and its become such an addiction that my friends tease me about it. I received three whole bags full of just mints for Christmas and my birthday, concluding that I have some of the most cheeky friends. " It's getting close to midnight, as soon as I finish up I'll walk you down to your common room." McGonagall told be abruptly.

I groaned loudly, spinning around on my heel to face her," But I'm not even tired." I whined, rolling my head.

" Don't use that excuse on my Thisbe, I've heard it too many times." She told me sternly, glancing up and giving me a look from over her glasses. I gave her a smirk, pulling my bag over my shoulder. "Come on, I'm done with these papers. It doesn't even seem like half of these kids try any more." She huffed, stacking the last paper and closing her ink bottle. Standing up, she strode towards the door with myself trailing behind.

With her wand, she locked the door behind us and we were on our way through the long twiddling halls. " What do you mean they don't try anymore. I'm sure there are plenty of hardworking students." I attempted to defend some people, such as myself.

" Well of course, I'm just over exaggerating a bit, but some kids couldn't care less for there education." She huffed, dusting off her robes. " They only think being foolish and pulling pranks is the only way." She ranted.

" Like The Marauders ?" I asked maybe too quickly.

She suddenly stopped and looked me in the eye," Yes, those babbling goons of Gryffindor. Now I don't want you associating with them Thisbe." She gravely told me while narrowing her eyes. I could only let a loud huff escape.

" Like I ever would, " I retorted. Before she could go off again, warning me, loud wobbly foot steps came down the hall.

From around the corner, Argus Filch limped towards us at a fast pace, his cat, Ms. Norris, prancing behind. " Whoever's there is going to-!" He screeched, only to stop in his track as he saw McGonagall standing there with a strict face. " Oh- oh Minerva, I just thought you were-" He stuttered, a bit of a frightful look in his eyes.

" It's quite alright Argus, I was just escorting Miss. Robinson here to her dormitories." She stopped him, addressing me formally. His eyes flickered over to me and he gave me a long glare.