Fourteen

Christmas Day came sooner than expected. And that meant it was the day of the Yule Ball. You were rather excited!

You woke up early, as you always did on Christmas morning. Then, you headed into the sixth year boys dormitory. Fred and George were already up and opening their gifts. "Merry Christmas!" You cheered, climbing onto Fred's bed.

You and the twins then opened your gifts. Some of ypurs included new quills, sweets, a Weasley jumper, pranking stuff and some books. As you moved to get up, you saw a smaller present and noticed your name was on the gift tag. It didn't say who it was from. You unwrapped it, curious as to what it was. It turned out to be a beautiful necklace, with a heart on it. With Fred's help, you put it on and almost instantly, it turned red. The twins didn't seem to notice and you excused yourself, wanting to ask Hermione about it.

You found her in the common room, with Ron and Harry. "Hermione, I need your help." You said, pulling her aside. "What is it?" She asked, looking concerned. "Someone sent me this necklace, which turned red when I put it on." You explained. "I've heard of those. It contains a Love Stone, which will turn if you're meant to be with the person who gave it to you." She gasped. "But I don't know who gave it to me!" You sighed. "Maybe there was a note?" Hermione suggested, glancing at the wrapping paper in your hand. It turned out there was. "Dearest Y/N, merry Christmas and I hope you liked the gift. I don't want to reveal myself yet, as I fear you won't return my feelings. Hopefully, you'll see that there is more to me. Just know that I love you. Love, Not-Gonna-Tell-You." You read. "That is so sweet!" Hermione squealed.

***

After a delicious lunch, you, Fred and George had a snowball fight, with Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione, until you, Ginny and Hermione left to get ready.

You showered and dried your hair, which Hermione then styled for you, letting. She did your makeup, then you did her hair and makeup. Hermione thanked you and went to her dorm; she looked beautiful. You put on your dress robes, which were gorgeous, with some matching heels. You also wore a shawl, to hide your scar.

You stuck your wand in your garter and headed downstairs. Ron, Harry, Fred and George were waiting at the bottom. You slowly walked down, trying not to trip. "Hi guys." You smiled. "Y/N, you look stunning." Spluttered Ron, his ears turning red in embarrassment. "You could've asked her to be your date. You do look very pretty, Y/N. Not that you don't always." Harry said, nervously. "Awe, you look so grown up, let me take a picture." Cooed George. He pushed Fred next to you and snapped a photo. "Hey, Freddie." You said, softly. "Y/N/N, you look beautiful." He said. Angelina then walked over, so you went to find Roger.

***

"Y/N, you look great." Roger said. You watched the champions do the first dance and saw Hermione dancing with Krum. She looked so happy.

You and Roger danced for a bit, then you went to get a drink. You poured yourself some water and sat with Fred. "Would Roger mind if I danced with you, for a bit?" He asked. Angelina was dancing with Lee, who had never looked more joyful.

"Not at all." You smiled. You danced until a slow song came on. Fred then grabbed your waist and pulled you close. "Why don't you take off your shawl?" He asked. "But my scar." You protested. "You're beautiful and you shouldn't let it define you." He argued. "Fine." You sighed, placing it over a chair." You could already feel everyone staring. He danced with you, holding you protectively. You looked into his eyes again and he leaned in, like he was going to kiss you. But then the song ended and he pulled away.

You went back to Roger and danced with him, but it didn't mean anything, unlike Fred. Then, you got some food. You said what you wanted and it appeared in front of you.

After you had finished eating, Fred pulled you into the entrance hall. "Everything okay, Fred?" You asked. "I don't like the way Davies was looking at you." He declared. "What do you mean?" You asked. "Let's just say that he wasn't looking at your face." He said. "And why were you watching us?" You inquired, trying to control the tears of anger that were threatening to spill. "I just want to look out for you." He defended. "I didn't even want to go with Roger, he was the only one who asked me. If you care that much, you should have been brave enough to ask me, Fred Weasley!" You whispered, sobbing. You ran up the stairs, leaving a shocked Fred at the bottom.

***

A/N: Merry Christmas! And if you don't celebrate, then enjoy your day anyway. I probably won't be publishing for a few days, because of celebrations and family things, so bye for now!

P.S: I'm watching Greatest Disney Songs!